Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read with interest the number of clutch judder posts... have anyone been able to establish from a dealer what is the cause??
We have a Stonic 1st Edition Dec 2018 Reg 1.6 CRDI that has IMHO horrendous judder when the engine/transmission is cold.
1. Is this something other owners have experienced
2 What has KiA 's approach been to clutch replacement on vehicles 2.2 year old
3. What is the success rate of warranty claims for this

Thank you

Super Moderator
Yes. I had the problem. never raised it as a issue as I worked out it seemed to be my driving style. To light on the gas when lifting the clutch up makes it want to go into a stall, hence judder.
Give it more gas & it's fine. Well that worked for me.

Registered
Brother in law has the 1.2 Picanto new November ish 2020, horrendous clutch, dealer agrees, still waiting for work to be done KIA claim they have a fix now which they didn't before. We took our Stonic in for service (no clutch issues 1.0GDI) the courtesy car was a 1.2 Rio, the clutch was awful, the dealer admitted it suffered with clutch judder when we returned it. Hope fully will update on the BIL's Picanto if the "fix" is completed.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.