Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Kia venga & it has started to judder when start off in first gear, generally if the car has been standing for a while /overnight. Issue seems to disappear when car warms up.
Any one else have this issue as garage don’t know what problem is?

·
Registered
3,698 Posts
I had an Avensis which occasionally did that. I found that a few really gentle granny style starts with higher rpm and plenty of clutch slip cleaned it up.

·
Registered
683 Posts
I have a Kia venga & it has started to judder when start off in first gear, generally if the car has been standing for a while /overnight. Issue seems to disappear when car warms up.
Any one else have this issue as garage don’t know what problem is?

How old is the car?

It helps if you put your car details model spec level and year in your signature.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi. I have the same issue on my 2018 kia venga 1.4 petrol manual. Dealer could not find an issue they said everything is ok. Ive heard it might be moisture on the clutch surface and thats why it usually happens early in the morning or when its cold and damp outside. Its common across many different makes and models apparently

·
Registered
683 Posts
Hi. I have the same issue on my 2018 kia venga 1.4 petrol manual. Dealer could not find an issue they said everything is ok. Ive heard it might be moisture on the clutch surface and thats why it usually happens early in the morning or when its cold and damp outside. Its common across many different makes and models apparently

If you read the replies above, it may be damp and if so a Granny start may dry it off for the rest of the day.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Or it could be the dual mass flywheel playing up. Hope not!
I have petrol so don't have DMF in my car.

If you read the replies above, it may be damp and if so a Granny start may dry it off for the rest of the day.

Yeah i think it's moisture but it's still first car i ever had that is affected by this. It's getting warmer recently so it's not that bad ;) Also, building some revs before releasing the clutch helps. Not really a granny start, just some 2000 - 2500 rpm will do. It was annoying when I first noticed it, but if you adjust your starting technique you can learn to live with it.

Thanx for replies!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Quick update on clutch issue. I got tired of early morning clutch judder. It got colder recently and issue got worse. I’ve spent last few days digging info on the subject on the internet, and it seems to be common. I think the problem is being too easy on the clutch somehow. Driving too gentle. So yesterday i found quiet spot and did some 2nd gear starts. High revs and plenty of clutch slip. I did it 3 times and at this point i smelled a stench of burning clutch a little ? so i thought that is enough. This morning - no clutch judder and the clutch is soo smooth across the gears. I probably took away a good few thousands of miles of life of my clutch but at least it seems to work ? so far so good. I will let you know if it cured the judder completely or if it will come back. Fingers crossed

M

·
0 Posts
so i thought that is enough. This morning - no clutch judder and the clutch is soo smooth across the gears. I probably took away a good few thousands of miles of life of my clutch but at least it seems to work
You may be covering up something more serious as well as destroying your clutch and there shouldn't be any need to do this, i wonder if you have a slight oil leak from a seal in the box and oil is getting onto the clutch plate when stood over night it then judders badly in the morning.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi, I'm new to the Club so I hope I'm doing things correctly !. I have a 2017 Venga 1,6 Diesel with manual gear change which has only done 9000 miles but have noticed in the last 12 months occasionally a clutch judder when stating off when cold once I've made a few gear changes it disappears. Its a strange one as it does not happen all the time but when it does its quite severe. I cannot see any oil leaks between the gearbox and engine, also checked the engine mounts and stabiliser bar which seem fine. I was wondering if this is a common problem on the Venga ?.Grateful for any feed back.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts