Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I've bought a white Kia Rio 2 1.25 2011 as a first car and I need to know whether what I'm experiencing with the clutch is just a characteristic of the car or something I need to get checked.

As a relatively tall driver with long legs, I like having a bite point rather close to the floor, as it was in my instructor's car. As it is, the clutch doesn't begin to engage until about half-way in the travel and then is very sharp, with only about 10mm of control. It's practically impossible to get used to in the lower gears.

Is this to be expected?

Thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi, I have not tried a RIO yet but around half-way up is normal. From low bite, to fully bitten, so to speak, will be around the distance you say and most likely, you may remember your instructor saying things such as "If you don't start to move at bite after lowering the handbrake, raise it a little more, about the thickness of a pound coin to two".

Have you tied to lower the drivers seat to its lowest position? This will give you a longer leg stretch and may make finding the bite and driving the car more comfortable.

I do tell my taller students (For I too, am an instructor) That shuteye may need to try a few vehicles prior to settling on one as they may want something with good legroom as they will be driving it quite regularly.

Basically though, you will get used to it with time.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts