Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my carens vibrates as it passes 1600revs it changes gear both up and down ok with a good footful of clutch ,i can feel the clutch through the pedal when depressed its a 2ltr crdi [4dea]does anyone know if it has a dual mass clutch or not if it has can it be changed for a real one[ or is it the gear box]im trying hard to like it

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
According to my disc the 2008 Carens has a dual mass flywheel

Not sure if you can get a solid flywheel conversion for this model. If so I don't think you would have to change the gearbox.
Edited by: davy

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks davy i should have said mine is 2005 6400mls ive just seen clutches on ebay for carens @2005 as ordinary 3 piece but i cant be sure the app is ok unless i strip it [it might be syncro hub vibrating goodness only knows how much that will be]

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
The discI have only goes back to 2007 so I cant be sure yours has same flywheel. The symptoms you have does sound like a dual mass type i.e rattling sound and vibes through pedal.
Looking at the diag for the clutch parts there is only the 3 bits, bearing, pressure plate and friction plate.
Edited by: davy

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks again davy im off to my friendly mechy with bucky under my arm and see what he thinks if it was twin plate borg and beck i could diagnose it myself but im not up with this later technology

·
Registered
887 Posts
2005 should be a solid flywheel, dual mass came in with the VGT engine and 6 speed box.
Dual mass failure normally shows up as clutch slip at high torque.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts