Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Afterreading loads about Kia clutches and DMF problems but I'm wondering if the following is a good idea. Opinions please!
My Carens has only done 25k (it was owned by Kia for its first 15k) but the clutch judders when pulling away, especially in cold weather, all the movement is right down on the floor and it is difficult to get a clean change. I intend to keep the car for years and don't want to wear out the synchro because of a bad clutch.

My questions are, would you consider going to a non Kia garage and replacing just the clutch using Kia, or non Kia parts (if available)?

Or a Kia garage and just replacing the clutch.

Or go the whole hog and replace both?

The only money I've got is my redundancy so I don't want to waste it!!

Thanks, Tim

PS I tow a 950 kg caravan but I never slip the clutch, so I can't blame poor driving.

·
Registered
476 Posts
2008 Carens is still under warranty providing you have the correct service schedule so I'd take it to your local Kia dealer & let them do whatever is needed.

I had a full clutch & dmf on both my Mk3's under warranty, shame you can't get a solid flywheel for it yet!

·
Registered
437 Posts
Is there an loss of fluid as the carens has a concentric slave cylinder and if leaking you wont see any fluid under the car as it stays mainly in the bell housing.
Never really known many dmf problems on kias and shouldnt cause a low clutch pedal only rattling type noises when pulling away. Take to main dealer as if its leaking its covered under warranty.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies. Kia have already looked at the hydraulics, bled it and pronounced it OK. I think I'll take it back and get a quote. If I have more to report I'll add it to this thread.
Happy Christmas to all.

·
Registered
476 Posts
<div style="line-height: 1.4; margin-top: 2px; margin-right: 2px; margin-bottom: 2px; margin-left: 2px; border-top-width: 0px; border-right-width: 0px; border-bottom-width: 0px; border-left-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; -: none; ">So far so good thanks, am enjoying "driving" my 2 wheeled single powered cycle! Lovely warm days but cold at night, Turkish homes are not insulated so any heat generated simply goes out through the walls!

Miss my Kia (a bit) & miss work too (now you know I'm telling porkies) lol.

·
Registered
476 Posts
So far so good thanks, am enjoying "driving" my 2 wheeled single powered cycle! Lovely warm days but cold at night, Turkish homes are not insulated so any heat generated simply goes out through the walls!

Miss my Kia (a bit) & miss work too (now you know I'm telling porkies) lol.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Oh it seems so lol. Turkish internet is somewhat slow to say the least, miss my 20mg connection, best here is about 2mg & that's downhill with a following wind on a day without a "y" in it lol.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts