Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
having lived with a vibration at 1500revs for 14mths im thinking of changing the clutch on my 2ltr crtdi so has anyone on the forum tackled it it looks straight forward and at about £150 for parts im goin to give it a go next month any information will be gratefully received and faithfully applied

·
Registered
476 Posts
Well I got my 2nd clutch is as many weeks today!
Long story short: I supplied a new 3 part clutch to be fitted when I had thegearbox rebuilt 2 weeks ago, had problems with slip, lack of clearing& judder ever since. The gearbox company were incommunicado & totally helpless so I bit the bullet & paid for a new Valeo 3 part clutch to be fitted this morning.

The car now drives as it should with no vibration at 1500rpm, no judder, clears all gears with ease & is as light as a feather, perfect!

Can't help with the mechanical know how but the mechanic did it in under 4 hours & stated it "wasn't that difficult compared to some" if that helps!

Mark.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sorry to hear your clutch problem mark you state NO VIBE @1500 did you have 1 before this clutch fitment also?,i changed the gearbox oil last night it looked almost like new im beginning to think this car had a major service before i got it [it came from a trader in wales with only mobility service history for 3yrs] then 30000mls after with 1 owner and no paperwork but the cambelt looked new and also the drive belt when i changed it @63000mls oh and the air filter also looked new ,im beginning to think im spending unnessesary but maybe a clutch will sort the vibration i will be doing about 800mls over the ext 5 days so that will be a test good luck with the gearbox etc

·
Registered
476 Posts
I had a vib at low speeds, particularly noticeable in reverse, this has now all gone & it drives way better than before.
As a side note I found out the garage had fitted the new plates but left the old bearing in situ, they were aslightly different fit hence my recent problems, the letter has been sent recorded delivery, will update the outcome as& when, will most certainly name & shame if I have to!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts