Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our sorento has done 13500 miles and the clutch and DMF has gone and we are told it’s not covered under warranty. It’s cost almost £3000 to repair and Kia state it’s not under warranty. Has any one else had a similar issue

·
Registered
66 plate Sportage KX4
214 Posts
The dual mass flywheel should be under warranty, but the clutch is classed as a consumable item on a manual.
obviously this depends on the year etc etc

·
Registered
7 Posts
Our sorento has done 13500 miles and the clutch and DMF has gone and we are told it’s not covered under warranty. It’s cost almost £3000 to repair and Kia state it’s not under warranty. Has any one else had a similar issue
The flywheel collapsed on our 20 Reg Sorento at around 12500 miles, and the DPF had problems and got clogged up, dealer replaced the clutch and flywheel under warranty, and had the dpf stripped down and cleaned under warranty no real explanation on why the DPF faulted, just told us to give it a thrashing once in a while to make sure it re-gens. Wish they would fix the other issue i have! 9 times in the garage(and counting) now since March 2020

·
Registered
130 Posts
The flywheel collapsed on our 20 Reg Sorento at around 12500 miles, and the DPF had problems and got clogged up, dealer replaced the clutch and flywheel under warranty, and had the dpf stripped down and cleaned under warranty no real explanation on why the DPF faulted, just told us to give it a thrashing once in a while to make sure it re-gens. Wish they would fix the other issue i have! 9 times in the garage(and counting) now since March 2020
DPF = Diesel Particulate Filter, DMF = Dual Mass Flywheel. Someone is confused somewhere, and I hope it is not me!!

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
just told us to give it a thrashing once in a while to make sure it re-gens.
Proof that idiots are alive and well and working at Kia dealers.

The DPF will only regen when the ECU detects that the soot has reached a certain percentage. No amount of thrashing will start a regen, all thrashing will do is produce more soot and block the DPF faster.

If getting a DPF to start a regen was as simple as thrashing the car why do so many people have DPF issues. To be honest if it were that simple I would probably still be driving a diesel.

As I said, the man was an idiot.

·
Registered
7 Posts
My confidence in them sorting problems is virtually zero, it’s back in the garage tonmorrow, so they can attempt to diagnose the intermittent stop start issue it has had since it was a coupe of months old, apparently Kia uk technical dept( not just the dealer) are sending someone out to it. Had to get video evidence of the fault to get this far (the dealer has had it in on many occasions so far and is still clueless) sooner the contract ends on this car the better, will not have another KIA given!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.