Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, just wondering if anyone else has had this problem. Clunky gear changes especially reverse and first gears, second a bit better than those, and third and fourth ok ish. Sometimes reverse refuse to go in. First clunks in.

I have under advice had a new clutch fitted, when that failed they thought a clutch cable would do it. Got it back today and although slight improvement I feel the issue is still there. Even backing out from the garage today, reverse didn't want to engage.

Thinking it well be a gearbox issue, or a dodgy clutch (although I think that unlikely)

After spending over r£400 on current repairs. The problem gears feel unaligned.

Certain thoughts include play within the gears, gearbox oil past it's best, syncromesh problem.

Has anyone else had this problem? Any info much appreciated. Thanks Mike

·
Registered
6,446 Posts
Don't forget that reverse gear isn't synchromesh. If you are having trouble selecting reverse dip the clutch again to let things line up

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that. Before I had the new clutch and clutch cable this worked. I tried this this morning and it still didnt want to go in.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Oil change and bleed the clutch hydraulic line is a cheap and easy place to start.
Just ensure the specified viscosity is used and not an easier to find alternative.
I've not seen clutch bleeding on a Kia service menu.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts