Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, I brought a 16 reg cee'd GTline estate in April & a few weeks later a clunking noise started from somewhere on the front end. I took it back to the place I got it from & after a few hours of them looking they found nothing to pin point the noise. It happens when I turn left or right when driving, but not all the time. I can feel it on the steering wheel when it happens. Anybody have any ideas?..

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
hi, I brought a 16 reg cee'd GTline estate in April & a few weeks later a clunking noise started from somewhere on the front end. I took it back to the place I got it from & after a few hours of them looking they found nothing to pin point the noise. It happens when I turn left or right when driving, but not all the time. I can feel it on the steering wheel when it happens. Anybody have any ideas?..
Do you also get it when driving in a straight line and going over speed bumps or pot holes.. first thoughts may be drop links..

·
Registered
Fusion white 2014 Proceed GT Tech
973 Posts
Like Phil, I'd suspect drop links. Another possibility is a broken road spring or failing shock absorber. After that, could be any bush in the wishbones, or the track rod ends, etc...

If it is anything like that, you have to be concerned about what they were doing for a few hours. What sort of place it?

Reactions: Phil in Wales

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
use a torch and look at the springs, if one is broken then it will almost certainly be the lowest 270 degrees of spiral that has broken off. It may be gone and hard to notice that part of the spring is missing.

It can also be the bearing on top of the spring which appears to be of a lesser robust design. To test this, park the front wheels on a slippery surface, hold the spring with both hands, then get an assistant to turn the steering wheel lock to lock slowly. A dodgy bearing will not be smooth and you will feel vibrations and small shocks thru your hands.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.