Kia Owners Club Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
887 Posts
EPS column can be programmed for wheel size and engine, i.e 17" wheels and diesel, all makes a difference, this is mildly hidden in in system option or inspection-test tab on gds for cee'd eps system.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The knocking on the suspension was gradualy getting worse, thereforetook the car into the Dealer's today.
Aquick roadtest out the Dealership, round a roundabout and back in was plenty of time for the technician to tune in his ears to the fault. When back he immediately put it up on the ramps and identified the fault as a nut being loseon thesuspension rod.(This would explain why the fault was getting gradually worse.) A quick bit of spanner-monkey elbow grease and I was told it was ready to go.

Just drove it back andall seems to be ok. (Fingers crossed)

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Mine still seems light, but I've had to get winter tyres on mine as the Michelin Energy tyres are just absolutely rubbish, I slid into the back of a truck 3 times in the bad snow because these tyres just have no traction. This is the second accident I have had with this car now on these tyres I will never use Michelin tyres again, never liked them, never will. Now I need a new front end for my car.

·
Registered
49 Posts
You're not having much luck with that car are you! I agree about the Michelin tyres. I had an MG ZT previously and couldn't understand why everyone raved about the Michelin Pilot Sports that had. I took advice from the tyre test people at MG Rover and changed to Continental Sport Contact 2. What a difference! Better wet grip; better ride quality; massive reduction in tyre noise. I can't comment on snow performance unfortunately.

No guesses for what the Pro-Ceed will get next time round.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
To top it off this week I had a puncture and whilst having that repaired I noticed a huge crack has appeared across my windscreen,I remember a big stone hit the windscreen on the motorway and must have cracked it. So the clunk on the steering has gone, the hiccup is still there even after various updates, now I need a new bonnet, bumper and grille, a new windscreen and the hiccup sorting out, then its almost perfect. By then I'll be getting rid of it.
I had the Conti Sport Contact 2's on my Mondeo ST TDCi, they were good tyres but on this car only lasted around 6000 miles, not cheap either. THey did grip well in all conditions not bad in the snow too although it did have traction control. I have Kumho winter tyres now, they are brill in snow it actually ploughs through like a 4x4, but if the road is a little wet then they slide around more than the Michelins. I'm going to get some Nokian tyres for the summer and just keep these for the winter when it snows, atleast I'll then be able to get to my front door.

If anyone knows anyone who can get the parts cheap and labour good and cheap then let me know I need a new front end for my 5 door Cee'd. Oh and a windscreen, or even a car if they have one going cheap!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Had clunking f/o/s turns out full new suspension & anti roll bar.This was done after second atempt as on the 1st occasion they said it was done.Drove car out of garage and straight back and kept curtasy car until repaired.They were not happy as they had to pay £50ish per day for courtsy car(volvo xc90auto)for a further week.I would advise this as it did work.

·
Registered
20 Posts
So they changed the Suspension & anti roll bar the second time. Wonder what was done the first time.??? Kia customer services keep a log of what is done to a car under guarantee. For comfort you could check if any porkies were committed.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts