Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Sorento KX2 18months old and 17.500 miles on clock which has developed a clunk noise as you drive slowly round corners and when you start to drive away. Our Local Kia dealer says this is a characteristic of the car. Does anyone else have this problem. Also the clutch smell when reversing with our caravan on.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Bry,on the hyundai ownners club forum,santa fe.there are quite a few owners having problems with loose drive shafts,and clutch problems on the 2010 onwards santa fe which has the same oily bits as the new sorento.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Had a bit of news from my Kia dealer who has now advised me that the clunk might be a bolt in the crankshaft damper pulley. We have been told that they will replace the damper pulley and the crankshaft bolt with a new one. So we will give it a go.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Since my last post on the forum the car developed a shudder between 40 and 45 mph We contacted Kia customer care who advised us to again contact our local dealer for more investigations, they found it was the drive shaft which they replaced and the clunk was the clutch fly wheel which also has been replaced.We have been more than happy with Kia and our dealership Border Cars Carlisle who have dealt with the problems.
Hope this is of help to anyone else having similar problems.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts