Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Posted a few questions Re 'brake replacement' on the site just over a month ago, thought I maybe get a couple of replies, but its a big No !!!!!!!
Whats up, nobody out there, or nobody into looking after your own car ??????

My mistake, thought a club was to offer help & advice/suggestions to members, or is this club run by Kia with its own interests (lets get em in the workshops) paramount..........

Have looked at the other posts asking for advice & noticed its fairly thin on the ground.....

Much as I like the Carens I own, if its not possible to do some of the more simple repairs/replacements myself, then happen my next motor will not be a Kia.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Don't worry - Kia have no control over the site!

The club is only new and we're only building up our online forum at the moment. I'm sure as time passes we'll have plenty of people to offer help and advice.

Dan

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hi,
<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />
Just found this forum and found some interesting stuff.
Hope to add some usefull information over time.

I've a 53 plate Carens 1.8 LX petrol. I really like it.

Lots of common themes and I look to have the same sort or problems and issues as those posted.

<UL style="MARGIN-TOP: 0cm" =disc>
<LI =Msonormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1; tab-stops: list 36.0pt">MPG is pretty poor (between 30 to 36)</LI>
<LI =Msonormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1; tab-stops: list 36.0pt">I've lost a strap on the rear folding seats</LI>
<LI =Msonormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1; tab-stops: list 36.0pt">No technical information available</LI>
<LI =Msonormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1; tab-stops: list 36.0pt">Availability of Service kits</LI>[/list]

I did an engineering apprenticeship after leaving school so I'm always keen to do my own repairs and take things apart. I've done all my own servicing so far and recently just prior to putting it through its 3<SUP>rd</SUP> MOT replaced the rear brake pads.
The lack of technical information is frustrating, hard to get basic stuff like plug gaps or how to take things apart.

Wish I'd found this site first before I did the rear pads, took me a while to work out the piston needs to be screwed back in (Although in another post it was said that the o/s piston has a left hand thread, I didn't find that).

Front pads easy
Rear pads, bit tricky, but once you know quite straight forward.
It's key to line up the dimples in the piston with the lugs on the back of the pads.

I've changed plugs, oil & air filters as well as an oil change.

I will attempt most things apart form exhaust that seem to weld themselves together!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts