Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Just picked up my new (to me) Sorento and so far very impressed. It will be mainly used as a Caravan tow car, not yet had time to check out the 12N socket to see if its got an sound warning when caravan flashers are working but no sign of any visual warning fitted. One small problem I have found is that the small digital clock will not reset, pushing any of the three small buttons does nothing. I see they are on ebay but not sure its worth around £30 to get one and pulling the dash apart to fit it. Is there any other fix or do I just live with it?

Ed

·
Registered
439 Posts
Open the glovebox, look for the users manual and read it! You'll be surprised what information it contains!!! I doubt it will give you instructions of how to pull the dash apart though?

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Oldsalt,

I have found several web pages on how to get at the clock but without having anything yet to replace it I will be leaving well alone, I was more interested in other fixes or alternatives.

Ed

·
Registered
543 Posts
Try pressing the clock buttons with a key or something strong ish I found my parents clock in there's was a mission to reset but once I did it I got the hang of it :)

·
Registered
439 Posts
Actually Shaz,

I'm wondering if you have to press more than one button to do a reset? I have the latest shape Sorento and not had to change the time yet!!

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Have tried all sorts of combinations of button pushing but nothing changes its as if the display will just not change hours or minutes. I tried pushing the buttons hard with a small screwdriver still no joy, are there any breakers yards that might have one? if not its a bit of black tape over it until I get one and maybe change the radio for a double Din at the same time.

Ed

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have now had a bit more time to play with my new toy and thank you Dano it did change hours and minutes when I used a flat screwdriver the same width as the button to push it in. The more I look the more I find this car ideal for what I want.

Ed

Edited by: Shaz

1 - 7 of 7 Posts