Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello KCS

My clock has disappeared on my 16 Plate KX3 Sorento and looking around this forum and others its not just an isolated case

Can you please let us know what the issue is and when it will be fixed as this also effects ETA on navigation as well.

Thanks

·
Registered
491 Posts
I had this over the weekend and I was lucky to be able to get my car booked in today and it has been sorted. I was told it was a satellite problem. All I was told was they pushed things.

Kia CS If it just a case of a few settings to change, might it we an idea to put the solution on here?

·
Registered
911 Posts
Found this on the KIA Owners UK Facebook page from a guy who works for KIA

For anyone with no clock display, information directly from Kia as I work for them, and have carried out this procedure today successfully. Press the reset button on the front of the stereo, it’s on the front near the screen a hole small enough to fit a cocktail stick in. Remove the audio fuse, and the SD card and leave for 15-20 minutes. Refit the fuse and SD card, and turn the audio system back on and allow it time to reboot. This should bring everything back to life. If you are not technically minded enough to do that, or if the above procedure doesn’t work then contact your Kia dealer.

I've put a copy of this post in the How To Guides forum - hope you don't mind - GTOldie

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Thanks for your posts.

We can confirm we’ve received a small number of reports from our customers that the clock facility has stopped working on their navigation system.

Having investigated reports, we’ve identified this is due to an internal calendar issue affecting the clock display. To overcome this, a hard reset needs to be completed. This involves the fuse and battery being removed for more than 15 minutes.

The procedure should be done at a Kia dealer to ensure the unit reboots correctly. This will also allow them to take next steps if there is any resulting issue. All dealers have been made aware of this procedure (to be covered by warranty) so please give your dealer a call to arrange a booking.

If you’re unsure of your dealer’s details, you can find them using the following link:

www.kia.com/uk/utility/find-a-dealer/

We hope this helps and please give us a call if we can be of further assistance.

Kia Customer Service
0333 202 2990

Visit www.kia.co.uk
Join in www.facebook.com/kiamotorsuk
Enjoy www.youtube.com/kiamotorsuk
Follow us @KiaUK on twitter

Call centre opening hours:

Monday to Friday - 8:30am - 7pm
Saturday: 9am - 1pm
Sunday: Closed

1 - 7 of 7 Posts