Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
EV6 GTL AWD Heat pump
36 Posts
I have an EV6 on order & have test driven two. Like you & I prefer physical buttons for things that you need often or quickly like volume, temperature & rear demist. The panel that switches from media to climate works well. I did not try voice control. The steering wheel buttons/levers that control drive mode, lane keeping on/off etc work well. I am sure I would hate a Tesla with everything controlled from a touch screen.
I have a Mustang that seems to have the right mix of buttons & touch screen. The Mustang Mach-E has gone Tesla route.
You can get the EV6 manual here
KIA EV6 Online Manual in Eng

·
Registered
EV6 GTL AWD Heat pump
36 Posts
This weeks Autocar mag 12th Jan tests the EV6 GT Line RWD. They give it 4.5 out of 5 , summary "Great to drive for something so big & heavy. Its also spacious with long range & ultra fast charging". They find it " one of the most engaging -handling family EVs of the moment". Better to drive than the Ioniq 5 but not as comfortable.
In same issue they test a Enyaq iV 80x AWD & give it 3.5/5. I had a test drive in one RWD & its a nice car but looks like so many others & did not click with me besides being too tall. Its mapping is nicer than the EV6.

·
Registered
EV6 GTL AWD Heat pump
36 Posts
YAK"in what way did the magazine mean the Ioniq 5 was more comfortable than the EV6?" My words not Autocar's, comparative reviews generally concur. The Ioniq 5 suspension is set up more more softly than the EV6 thus it rides a little better but rolls a little more. The EV6 is firmer & handles a bit better. If you try any car, you like it & it does what you want then what anyone else says does not matter. YAK having had the drive how did you get on?
It would be good if Kia allowed customers to disable keyless entry if they wished but does not seem possible on EV6. I had the dealer do that on my Mustang. Its not much trouble to get a fob out of my pocket & press a button, less faff than fumbling with faraday pouches. Better cars that used fob to open the door & a metal key to start the engine had a key blade that folded into the fob, I had 3 cars so fitted.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts