Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Ceed GT line 1.5TGDI - Fusion Orange
465 Posts
Have you looked at Volvo? My experience with an XC40 is good, though its not an EV. Mixture of buttons and touch, with buttons for essentials. Touch screen is intuitive and well laid out. Voice control is on par with others I have used, but understands things like 'turn the temperature down' , 'set temperature to X', 'turn on/down/up the heated seat'.

EV range benefits from google powered infotainment which probably is superior to the Sensus system fitted to ICE models.

·
Registered
465 Posts
@al_kaholik I am not considering petrol (in the UK there are significant tax breaks if you lease an EV through a company car scheme).
As for Volvos, I don't like their EVs: I don't like the XC40 and the C40 is too expensive.
The Polestar 2 isn't bad but I prefer the Kia EV6.
To be honest I expect that is why most of the EVs you see on the road are. There isn't much of an argument buying for the average person at the moment.

I wasn't suggesting a petrol, just that the Recharge range are available. With all your mentions of Tesla as a benchmark I had assumed that this was just a choice thing and that perhaps budget wasn't too much of a concern. From what I read, I have no personal experience, they aren't without issue though.

As @iooi said, it's personal choice. I get along just fine with touch screens, sometimes I find the physical buttons a little distracting in our new Ceed, but it's just what you get used to.

Used to have changing a CD down to an art without taking my eyes off the road, but Spotify is so much easier now!

·
Registered
465 Posts
Can't view the article because it's behind a paywall. However, like with many things opinions are individual. Keyless makes a lot of sense to me. Not necessary to have but something that I've come to expect in a new car.

If you want your BIK benefit, you will have to put up with innovation and technology that perhaps you don't want or find sub optimal. I think that goes for any EV you choose, perhaps true of all cars too but each to their own. Personally I would have loved a pure EV, along with all the tech and a green electricity tariff, alas it is cost prohibitive for my situation without any tax breaks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts