Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

First time poster with an e-Niro 4+ (MY21).

I've noticed when using Kia Connect that if I turn on climate control via the app when the car is plugged in to my Ohme wall charger (set to 80% by 7am each day so not actively charging at the time) that only the steering wheel is warm. The cabin is if anything even colder.

I've checked and the defrost option is off and the car A/C indicator is off.

If I do this with car unplugged, all is well.

Any suggestions?

Cheers

·
Registered
18 Posts
With a charging cable connected the heating can only be switched on via the "scheduled climate control" option in the KIA Connect app. In addition this will only work if your Ohme unit is live and capable of suppling power to the vehicle.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
With a charging cable connected the heating can only be switched on via the "scheduled climate control" option in the KIA Connect app. In addition this will only work if your Ohme unit is live and capable of suppling power to the vehicle.
Thanks for your reply. Am I alone in thinking this is a bit odd?

·
Registered
11 Posts
My E-Niro 4+ (MY21) is currently charging with a myenergi Zappi (installed today) and I’ve just turned on the climate control to heat the car using the UVO app remote page and not the scheduled charging. The app acknowledged the instruction and I checked the car, it started heating and the climate control was active so it does work while plugged in to a charger. I also regularly pre heat the cabin as I’m returning to my car whilst it’s on a free public charger.

·
Registered
18 Posts
My E-Niro 4+ (MY21) is currently charging with a myenergi Zappi (installed today) and I’ve just turned on the climate control to heat the car using the UVO app remote page and not the scheduled charging. The app acknowledged the instruction and I checked the car, it started heating and the climate control was active so it does work while plugged in to a charger. I also regularly pre heat the cabin as I’m returning to my car whilst it’s on a free public charger.
The app remote will switch on the heating when plugged in providing the wall box or public charger is actively charging or is able to respond to a charge request from the car.. It would appear in the OP's post that when his car reaches the set charge level his Ohme unit shuts off the charge and does not respond to any additional requests from the car to power the heating. The steering wheel heater is supplied from the 12v battery and so will respond to the heating request. The Ohme unit connects to the Kia API and should take into account any scheduled heating to pre-heat the car.

·
Super Moderator
9,436 Posts
Re above. If OP has set a charge limit of say 80% on car, then they would need to up this to say 90% so that it starts charging again, which should start heating. Unless there is also a setting on wall box to stop charging at a certain time so it only charges on cheap rate.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Interestingly my car was plugged in and at 100% charge this morning ready for a long trip today. When I got into the car after using the app to pre heat it I noticed that it was still at 100% as well as being warm inside. I checked and noticed that the Zappi had started charging the car just after I sent the climate control instruction from the app. Very pleased with this as it has shown that I can pre heat the car and not lose any of the charge limit I’d already set.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts