Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have no power to either 1`2v supplies in my2003 2.0 crdi. This is both the cigarette lighter in the front and also the 12v socket in the boot. I don't know if it is connected or not, but when i got the car the garage put in a Kenwood radio cd player and this does not keep its memory, ie i have to manually input radio stations every time i put it on, so it appears the continual supply for the memory is not working.
Could both of these things be connected and be a sign of a fuse gone. I have looked at the one it should be on the drivers kick panel fuse box (ie 15 amp radio fuse) but should i be looking for another one?

·
Registered
72 Posts
hi chap
there are a few fuses under the bonnet next to the air filter box have a look in there fella

check your hand book to , hope that helps

col

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had a a multi changer added to my audio system which then caused my radio to lose memory when switched off. My car had an after fit reversing sensor (Kia brand) and it transpired that the electric feed to this device was interfering with the feed to the radio. I have disconnected the reverse sensor (which was not very accurate ) and now my radio/satnav/cd changer all work perfectly.

·
Registered
11 Posts
My problem is with the cig lighters. All other cars I have owned have had power points that were live with the ignition OFF The 2009 Carens sockets shut off with the ignition. This means any recharging cannot be done, or the power used whilst working devices. Leaving the keys in to use a polisher etc is a tad risky?
Anybody know why this is so?

Peter

1 - 4 of 4 Posts