Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a picanto and ordered it in Chilli red. When it arrived I was disappointed that it looked nothing like the brochure pictures. Top picture is brochure chilli red, bottom picture is my car.
IMG-20200217-WA0000.jpg
IMG-20200217-WA0000.jpg

I checked the paint colour code and it says the colour is called shiny red.
Is this the same as chilli red?.
Does anyone know the colour code for chilli red.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's a Picanto 3 purchased in November 2019. It's supposed to be Chilli red but looks very different to brochure. Paint code is A2R.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Brand new registered 2 Nov 2019. What I really need is to find someone who owns a chilli red car to read the code off the label on the passenger door frame.

·
Registered
569 Posts
I think I might be trying to check the build date if that's a launch colour - they came out in 2017:oops:.. Has it got any of the earlier features? Early 3's had a Bee sting aerial, not a shark fin.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Our Picanto3 is the colour of your car AFAIK. Chilli Red was ordered after seeing a Kia in that colour and delivered May 2019, with a shark fin aerial (standard on the 3).Photographs are no basis for deciding colours. Skoda do 3D paint models for their range.
The lights on that show car are odd, probably not UK spec, but that is the body colour on our driveway.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Paint is indeed A2R on SWMBOs 2019 Chilli Red Picanto3.🌶 Both colours have the same paint codes. With a little bit of Googling.

KIA Picanto Chilli Red A2R Touch Up PaintChange Color
Color N Drive Exact Match OEM Paint Repair Kit

and

Color CodesColor Description
9PBlack Cherry Metallic
A2RShiny Red Metallic
A3RHyper Red
A9, AA9True Red Metallic

1 - 11 of 11 Posts