Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Does anyone have problems with the child locks on the rear doors? Took my son and granddaughter out,first time with someone in the back. I turned the red button on the doors, as handbook. Checked doors and opened fine. Parked car and remote locked it. Rear passengers got back in but could not get out at next stop. Locks had reactivated somehow. I have tried several times to turn the red button and it works fine until I lock the car then it goes back to childproof mode. Am I missing something?

·
Registered
21 Posts
There is a service notice for this. It should be carried out for free. Mine was done as part of a series of issues like the collapsing boot floor. It requires the locks to be replaced and a reprogramming of the unit that controls it.

Hope that helps!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can get the doors to open from the inside if I switch off the door switch (red) unlock the car with the fiob and then press it again I think it is a problem with the central locking, automatic locking when moving off and the dash switch. I will try your suggestion. Thanks.

·
Registered
660 Posts
My venga has manual child locks that you turn with the ignition key which work fine so far,although my dads ceed has wee switches that you flick back and forth,and dont activate or deactivate until you start or stop the engine,oh and one has stopped working in lock mode.way too complicated,that and the speed locks,which the dealer can turn off for you if you like,it might help out the child locks??JAmes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts