Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all! I have a 2015 Kia Sportage KX-4, with 2 rear-facing car seats in the back, and one of them needs replacing as my 3yo has outgrown it. I really want to keep her rear-facing as long as possible, but these obviously take up more space in the back seat. Husband is 6'4", and when he is driving, is most comfortable when the seat is as far back as it goes, which isn't ideal with a RF car seat behind!

My questions is, has anyone managed to fit 2 rear-facing seats in the passenger and middle seats simulataneously in a Sportage? I have looked at the manual and I think it suggests you can use the middle seat (without isofix) (see pic, and please correct me if I'm wrong! I can't see anywhere that says middle seat mustn't be used).

If anyone has specific experience of this, I'm thinking of using the Britax Dualfix with my 1yo behind the passenger, and considering the Axkid Move either behind the driver or in the middle seat.

We do also have a Landcruiser but the car seats spend 90% of the time in my car.

Thank you so much!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hi all! I have a 2015 Kia Sportage KX-4, with 2 rear-facing car seats in the back, and one of them needs replacing as my 3yo has outgrown it. I really want to keep her rear-facing as long as possible, but these obviously take up more space in the back seat. Husband is 6'4", and when he is driving, is most comfortable when the seat is as far back as it goes, which isn't ideal with a RF car seat behind!

My questions is, has anyone managed to fit 2 rear-facing seats in the passenger and middle seats simulataneously in a Sportage? I have looked at the manual and I think it suggests you can use the middle seat (without isofix) (see pic, and please correct me if I'm wrong! I can't see anywhere that says middle seat mustn't be used).

If anyone has specific experience of this, I'm thinking of using the Britax Dualfix with my 1yo behind the passenger, and considering the Axkid Move either behind the driver or in the middle seat.

We do also have a Landcruiser but the car seats spend 90% of the time in my car.

Thank you so much!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts