Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whilst cleaning my screen I noticed the sealing rubber is a poor fit on the drivers side as it countours round the bend at the top edge of the front screen. It doesnt sit flat on the glass and barely covers the shaped glass edge.
I have 2 concerns about this, one being wind noise the other water ingress as water could easily be forced between rubber and screen albeit Im not sure where it would go once into that area.

I checked on the forecourt of the dealer and other sportages shared the same issue. Its not a problem on the passenger side of the front windscreen, just the drivers

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hi, think you might have a fault as I have just inspected my window rubber very carefully and it is as near perfect as possible all the way around ...hope this helps.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I think mine does this on both sides where the screen dips down at the top (if that makes sense).

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well my neighbours son called round in his and the rubber on his screen is the same as mine. If you stand at the drivers A pillar and look along the length of the screen rubber at the top edge you may see it doesnt actually touch the glass for a short length where the contour of it curves down from the top edge to the lower level.
My neighbours was stood off the screen by the best part of a mm.

·
Registered
22 Posts
ashtons99, can you put up a photo, sowe have some idea of the scale of the problem you're seeing, and then we can give you more informed comparison feedback

1 - 11 of 11 Posts