Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi i've got a 2007 carens..a light suddenly came on the dash..its an orange light which says check..i looked in manual and says you got to let kia know..any ideas before i go down that routethanks all

·
Registered
476 Posts
It's an engine management warning light, best to get it looked at by a main dealer, just in case!
however...

It's very possibly the warning that most (if not all) of us have had to do with the emissions & the dpf becoming blocked & needing cleaning/servicing, lots of info on this around the net/forums.

Mark.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I had a warning light come on and it was the EGR valve cost about £500 to be replaced but covered under 7yr Kia Warranty, which was great news. The only problem i have had lately is what seems like an very occasional misfire(diesel), I suppose like one of the cylinder injectors might be slightly blocked. It only happens once or twice a day and sometimes not at all.

·
Registered
476 Posts
The "cough" you describe is well documented on here, check out the word "surge" in the search. It has a fix but not every dealer knows about it, read up on the exact Kia bulletin number before you go to the dealer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts