Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title says, the orange engine light come on a few nights ago and had it scanned today and it threw a P0341 Camshaft sensor bank 1 code.
The car runs awesome still, no funny noises/smells etc etc plenty of pull too.
Anyways I had the code cleared and it hasn't returned all day.
Obviously I can't get it to a Kia garage for them to further check it right now but I'm just wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience?
The car is a Ceed GT 2014 with 32k on the clock has been serviced regular etc.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
4,184 Posts
If the code does not return there is absolutely nothing anyone can do to find a fault, beyond checking wiring and connectors as a precautionary measure.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea, I had it cleared to see if it comes back again as it wouldn't be the first time the car has thrown false or intermittent codes, obviously if it doesn't return then all is good I guess.
My question was to see if anyone else has had the same code and what the issue was, because from what I've seen it can range from a faulty sensor's to a timing chain being slack or jumped a tooth or 2 (highly doubt that at 32k) but not impossible.
I've had the ABS/Traction Control lights come on twice since owning it, no codes stored...I'm starting to think it's ECU software related because I asked the dealers if it had been done/updated and they told me "there isn't any software updates for my car" which I know to be BS as others here have had updates and on other forums.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
And the code came back today so into Kia it goes, strange how I get lights on the dash intermittently but only ever when it's wet/cold and damp outside... I'll let them deal with it.
Car pulls great, MPG is decent ish 30+ I can't see it being anything serious but you never know, I know the battery is due for replacement being 6 years old, maybe it could be something as stupid as that.
I'll report back with info once the problem is solved just in case anyone else come across the same issue.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well car goes in tomorrow and would you believe it the CEL went out... but something strange happened before it went out.
Started the car as usual it idles just above 1k for a few seconds then slowly drops but as it was dropping the revs kinda got stuck at 1k and the engine started sputtering...
Turned the car off...
Started it again, but just after starting was a noise like a rattle or grinding for a second (almost like a faulty starter motor sound)
Immediately after that sound went the CEL light went out...
Done some research and it seems to be a VVT or VCT actuator issue... not good.

Fingers crossed for tomorrow and hopefully get a decent mechanic that knows his stuff.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Right...

Dropped it off explained to them what was going on, they came back with 2 historic codes one of them being the cam position sensor and another that we never even knew about which was "Oil pressure cylinder bank 1" or some crap which they put down to being ever so slightly over filled with oil, or a possible faulty Knock Sensor... I explained to the guy that the Kia dealership actually over filled the oil by about an inch at it's last service and that it could have been that.
He replied saying about the oil level could be rising due to fuel mixing with the oil from failed DPF regens... I said " Hang on mate... it doesn't have a DPF it's a petrol lol" ... "Ohhh erm... I'm just reading what the papers are telling me" he said.
Anyway, they checked the plugs for fouling, they came back fine and he said if the light comes back to take it in and replace the Knock sensor under warranty.
They didn't charge so I guess it's all good, he said something about historic codes are stored when there was a fault that has since been corrected.
I guess I'll have to wait and see if it comes back...

Edit: I'm wondering if the Knock sensor was the cause for that burning smell I had a while back as one of the symptoms is "The engine may emit strong exhaust and burning smells due to the detonation in the cylinders" ... hmmm I'll give them a ring tomorrow.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts