Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Kia E Niro
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All I’m just getting set up for a new E Niro and I get my home charger fitted next week is it just a case of contacting my electrical supplier to ask for cheaper rates during the night any advise will be appreciated

·
Super Moderator
9,472 Posts
You may have to do some number crunching, as cheaper rates can be over different times.
Octopus go is only 4 hours (but claimed to be cheaper than) compared to economy 7 which is 7 hours, but can be different times depending on supplier.

Will also depend on the mileage you do, as that affects how often you need to charge.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I just tried octopus it appears that they are discouraging new customers, could not get a quote. British Gas electric car plan is ridiculously expensive, would be surprised if any good deals just now for new customers

·
Registered
101 Posts
I have mine coming next week and did look at EV tariff but with working from home I am not going to need to charge that much, and the increase of the day rate outside of cheap makes the EV tariff with Octopus more expensive than my normal plan, so until working in the office more regularly not going to change.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm with Octopus having been moved there from Avro last November. I'm still on their 'ex-Avro customer' variable tariff, which nevertheless looks better than anything else they are offering. I looked at Octopus Go a while ago and it was 5p/unit for just 4 hours in 24, so you'll get a tad under 30kWh for £1.50, but the rate for the remaining 20 hours was quite a bit higher than the standard tariffs, so a net loss.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts