Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why do some cars touch your heart and some cars be just an appliance????.

I am using 2 cars at the moment - swapping them a month or so about. Car 1 (resting in a garage) Soul Tempest. Car 2 (in use) Seat Altea....

The Seat Altea is quieter at all speeds, Handles tidier, rides much much smoother, less wind noise, more interior room, bigger boot, easier to park and not far behind on economy either (1.6 petrol!!).........and yet i am staring at pics of my Tempest on the computer and wishing away the time before i can do the swap or trying to think up reasons to swap earlier.......

What on earth does the Soul have that makes me feel this way about it?, i know its a better looking car and has a nicer dashboard......but i am not that superficial!!!...... is it a british thing? "routing for the underdog"......... is it something the car has that defines it as something different or special?......or is it pure character!!!.

What makes your Soul special for you?......or am i alone in this?.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Ah, now you know why owners of older Land Rovers feel the way they do!

You can't define character in a vehicle, but some have it and some don't.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My neighbour (Audi TT owner) borrowed an old landie for a couple of weeks and absolutely loved it - he felt like he was the king of the road!, and now he is desperately fighting his need to buy one - because he knows he would then hate it after a couple of months due its lack of comfort and refinement......it made a real impression on him.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
I love cars with a difference, my other car which I use daily for work (cannot get my wife out of the Soul) is a real marmite car , my son says its a hairdressser special, its a Ford Streetka.Its noisy handles like a go cart and just as hard on the suspension ,its not good on fuel but you can chuck it around,take the roof down and enjoy yourself. We has a Citroen a few years ago as a second car when I ran company cars and it was unreliable,a real swine but loads of character,we loved it.The Soul has just that something that you cannot define but it is addictive.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts