Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Xceed 1.5 4 DCT
762 Posts
Hi apologies if already asked but I’m mid way through my pcp deal and I need two new front tyres do I need to replace them with whats on or can I choose a different manufacturer thanks lee
I would think you can use any tyre that is the correct size and specification for the car, but why not ask your PCP company as they are the only ones who can give you a definitive answer.

·
Registered
66 plate Sportage KX4
214 Posts
There were posts on here a while ago on the same issue.
some say they must be of similar spec (can’t replace premium with budget tyres), another said he has known picky PCP companies who insist on the same brand/type.

·
Registered
2017 Sportage GT Line S - 1.6T DCT
522 Posts
Depends on what the T&Cs of your PCP agreement are.
When I've done PCP it's not defined brand but just said the size & speed rating needs to be OEM spec. On other PCPs they further define a set of acceptable brands you can fit whilst others insist on the same tyres as it left the factory.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I don't think there is any legal requirement when you are on a PCP. It's not a lease it's a credit agreement and if you hand the car back at the end of it and walk away which nobody ever does then the car has a FGV which is subject to condition and any adjustments for condition of vehicle will be at dealer discretion.

·
Registered
2017 Sportage GT Line S - 1.6T DCT
522 Posts
I handed my diesel yeti back at the end of the PCP. The balloon payment was way more than the car was worth (blame dieselgate) - I could buy the same spec/age/mileage from a dealer forecourt with 1 year skoda warranty for £11,500 or buy mine outright with no warranty for £14,000 - so I handed if back.
Contrary to popular opinion, the dealer has zero involvement. The finance company instruct the car auctions to sell the car and it is them that come out to assess & collect. They have documentation pertaining to the terms of the finance agreement you had and go round the car looking for non-compliance and charging you accordingly. The car is then loaded onto a wagon and shipped straight off to auction (without any of the issues actually being addressed)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.