Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Or so I thought.
Took a run down to my Kia dealer as I had spotted a Black Seat Leon 2.0TDI Reference Sport on a 55 plate with 70k miles for £5400 at another one of their branches. I've always liked the Leon TDI as I drove many in the car rental days. Anyway I asked the sales guy who I now very well what he would give me for my 06 Rio CRDI Zapp. He would give me £3000 for it which is a good price according to the book and give me a full years tax on the Leon. He done an HPI check on the Leon and showed me the results 2.0 TDI reference sport, one owner with no outstanding finance registered on 13th December 2005 which is my wedding anniversary and my second daughter was born on the 13th Dec too. So there's a connection there.
I said great get the Leon over and if I like it I will change, he said ok it will be over in the afternoon and I will bell you when its in. So I got the phone call to say the guy in the other branch started it up and it aint a TDI its a bloody petrol 2.0 sport . I was very disappointed how could the garage make that mistake with advertising it in their website as a TDI and its a bloody petrol for ffs sake.
Oh well back to the drawing board.
I asked him about the new Rio sport with the 1.7 diesel and he said he new nowt about it, so maybe it wont happen.

·
Registered
234 Posts
If you can wait till 2012 or possibly sooner there's talk of a 1.25L Turbo and next year (June) also a 1.0L Turbo with 110PS both based on the standard Kappa petrol engines.

Talking of the Soul has anyone seen the US Ad' it's so funny with rapping hamsters

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeh I was told that by the sales guy. I'm more into diesels as you dont need to thrash them to get anywhere. I would think you would need to cane those little engines .
I am changing on Friday to a 55plate Leon 2.0 TDI 16v Sport as I found another one but in a bluey silver colour that is in good condition.
If they bring out a 170hp Rio then I would certainly give it a thought about changing back. I do like my power toys

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Hope the re-badged VW goes well for you!
Bet you'll be sad to see the old Rio go.
How many horses is the Leon? Will you be boxing that too? (Did you remember to take the old one out of the Rio?!!).

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Its a 140hp 320Nm torque engine but I have been advised the best option is a remap and it putsthe power to 170hp and 400Nm torque

Yes I remembered to take the box off.
So I will be selling my Pro-bitz box and a set of standard wheels and tyres with great tread all off the Rio CRDI 2006.
Open for offers.
I am due to get the VW Leon or was it Seat G O L F on Friday.

Edited by: davy

·
Registered
328 Posts
good luck with the new car.
Let us know what you think of the new one and if you can handle 140bhp. lol

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
diddy1234 said:
good luck with the new car.
Let us know what you think of the new one and if you can handle 140bhp. lol
Cheers mate will do. I'm off down to Delph on the bike today to see an old mate and then on wednesday over to Malton to get my bike remapped. Should push the horses to over 200

Davy

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Some of the newer Seats look nice. They've come a long way from the old Fiat rip offs they used to make. My friend's got a Seat Ibiza. Goes well, but costs him a fortune in road tax and fuel. When you lift the bonnet, almost everything has VW stickers on it! lol

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The road tax is £165 a year but dare I say it the MPG is supposed to be 50 to 60. I will let you know when I have had it a wee while so that I get a better consumption average. Seat is part of the VAG group for sure..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts