Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondered if anyone knows if you can change the std radio with one of the higher model versions - I really miss being able to plug in a little usb stick and listen to music and other stuff that way..

I already bought the car so it would probably be quite expensive to change it but might be worth it in the long run..

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi,I have the same urge to play my music via USB. I believe, although I am not absolutely sure, that there is a kit than can be fitted to enable USB connectivlty follow the linkhttp://www.connects2.co.uk/c2search.aspx?catID=52
The part numbers are CTAKIUSB001 or 002 depending on which size socket. I haven't yet found out if this is a workable solution for the basic Picanto

Cheers

·
Registered
3 Posts
Not yet - I am at the beginning of my research, I was given this information at Halfords, they offered to take a look at the radio and see which one fits my car - they say that there is an 8 pin and 15 pin connector and one of them should do? You know all that I know at the moment.My only concern is that my Kia garage said that it wasn't possible to get USB without changing the unit. Someone is wrong!!
I am still pondering between this and the Parrot solution.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just had another look, if you go to the link in my original message and then go to the Kia line, and click on the tiny 'paper' icon, a page pops up with all the connection details - it appears to work via the cd changer socket and will be able to work with memory sticks, CD cards and MPs players. MP3 players and Ipods connect via an audio jack so they can only be manipulated via the device you plug in. Hope that makes sense.Perhaps the Parrot is the best solution

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.