Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I change my car tomorrow so I went online to do it.
All looked straight forward. They asked for the date of the change over and the registration number. They then told me it was going to cost me £18 for administration changes. Payed, all done.
Went to print out the certificate and notice that yes the new insurance starts tomorrow. But also noticed the old one finishes at midnight tonight. So I wouldn't be covered driving to the dealer.
When I've change before the policies have over lapped for the day. So covered for change over.
So I had to phone them up to get it sorted, 15 minuets on phone.

And they have the cheek to charge me for administration costs.:mad:

·
Super Moderator
9,448 Posts
When I just did mine I cancelled it as was within the last month of the policy & already got 12 years NCD.
So started a new policy (via quidco & got cashback :) )
Called to cancel the old policy, was asked when from told them was changing car on date. Policy ended 23:59 that day. A nice bonus was £11.59 refund for the last 2 weeks.... Got to love Aviva :)
Although be careful, as they now do 2 levels. One with phone support & one that is totally web based (but a lot cheaper)

·
Super Moderator
9,448 Posts
But not their online branch, Quote Me Happy.
They would not insure my 2020 Soul EV, and then tried to charge me for cancelling the policy
Seems, from my purchase that it is now under Aviva brand name. As this cropped up on compare sites, which Aviva never has before.
But cancelation fee's are standard on many policies.

If you think it bad on cars. Try M/Bike policies.
Bennetts have a option in the T/C to charge £30 for renewal (never been used though)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.