Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else having issues with changing down through gears on an FE while the gearbox is cold? I was hoping that it would bed in but 4k miles later and it doesn't seem any better. I have a series of roundabouts near my home and I fight to find the gears in the morning.

I've never had a car from new before this one so this may be quite normal?

·
Registered
260 Posts
Slightly cold this morning but smooth as anything, only a 10 minute drive but I loved it, so its inconsistent. I remember my MX5 having cold gearbox problems.

Mines a 5 speed petrol, not sure if the 6 speed is the same, better or worse.

·
Registered
6 Posts
My KX2 is the same and the wife's Ceed is terrible!

We have had her Ceed back to Kia twice because we just can't change down into second when slowing to turn. In most cases you have to slip it into neutral, lift the clutch then it goes into second. Terrible gearboxes. Saw a post somewhere that a lighter oil can be fitted instead of the standard stuff which makes things a bit smoother.

As usual though Kia are clueless. Took our dealer nearly 2 hours to change a lightbulb on the Ceed. FOC though but it was still embarrassing watching them scratching thier heads then seeing the "Eureka" moment!

·
Registered
70 Posts
My diesel FE is now on 13k miles and I have to say it's much better now than it was when it had less miles on it.... although the weather is warmer now so we'll see how it is when we get to next winter!

When it was new tho it was definitely an issue. It was almost impossible to go from 3rd to 2nd until you were at a standstill!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts