Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone

I am new to this forum having only recently purchased the Sedona and have just obtained a very useful service Manual DVD from a fellow member Bruno.

Having just purchased a set of HIDs from HIDs4you, who by being on the safe side suggested purchasing the ultimate set incase the car had the Can bus system (having looked I am not sure whether it does or not, vehicle is a 03 reg). Also noted that there was not an abundance of twisted paired wires.

My main query is how easy is it to get to the bulbs to change them as this is something that would normally be fairly easy on most vehicles, but doesn't look the case here!

Any advice about this would be well received and I thank anyone in advance.

·
Registered
702 Posts
migette said:
Hi everyone

I am new to this forum having only recently purchased the Sedona and have just obtained a very useful service Manual DVD from a fellow member Bruno.

Having just purchased a set of HIDs from HIDs4you, who by being on the safe side suggested purchasing the ultimate set incase the car had the Can bus system (having looked I am not sure whether it does or not, vehicle is a 03 reg). Also noted that there was not an abundance of twisted paired wires.

My main query is how easy is it to get to the bulbs to change them as this is something that would normally be fairly easy on most vehicles, but doesn't look the case here!

Any advice about this would be well received and I thank anyone in advance.
Peter

Best bet is to take the headlight units out complete to change the bulbs, it saves the skin on the fingers and wrists ,plus you will have more room to mount the units before putting the headlights back

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Rick,

Thanks for your help and info re the workshop manual. As you have probably realised I have never had one of these and also never had the privilege of driving a diesel untill now. I would think the idea of removing the whole light unit would make sense, up to now I have just taken a quick look and would assume the two bolts would be the ones, but looking in the dark dont help. Anyway thanks again Rick for your kind help.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts