Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Just bought Sportage last Sunday, from non Kia franchise garage.

The warranty information and Service record has a card for change of ownership.

The V5 does not show previous owners, do the dealers give out the name and address of previous owner?

I know the dealer that did the last two services as it is stamped in the service record book, they are 50 miles away from me.

Tried to register on MyKia, I get all the way to choose the local dealer but not getting a dealer list or a continue link icon to go further in the registration process.

What would be the best way to register change of owner?

Also out of curiosity are any previous warranty claims available to see by new owners?

Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
95 Posts
because of GDPR the info for previous owners is no longer on the log book, and for the GDPR reason the dealer will not give out this information to you,

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you,

How do I register with Kia as the new owner as the MyKia registration process is not working on the Kia website, or on the app I have downloaded to my phone.

Thanks

Edit, thought I was replying to Kia Customer Support. Thanks for your reply, I did wonder why the card in the service book was asking for previous owner info.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Hi Frank

Thanks for the post.

There's no need to worry about paper documents. As long as you're now the registered keeper, please just call us so an agent can create a new keeper's profile. They can advise on warranty claims at the same time. Regarding MyKia, have you tried an alternative platform or browser?

Kia Customer Service
0845 6017521

Visit www.kia.co.uk
Join In www.facebook.com/kiamotorsuk
Enjoy www.youtube.com/kiamotorsuk

Call centre opening hours:
Monday to Friday - 8:30am - 6pm
Saturday: 9am - 1pm
Sunday: Closed

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Frank

Thanks for the post.

There's no need to worry about paper documents. As long as you're now the registered keeper, please just call us so an agent can create a new keeper's profile. They can advise on warranty claims at the same time. Regarding MyKia, have you tried an alternative platform or browser
I first tried on Imac using Safari, that did not work.

Then tried on my Windows 7 work computer, using Explorer, that again does not go past the pick your local dealer page, it does not pick a dealer or have any more follow on link icons.

Downloaded the MyKia app on Samsung phone, again cannot get past the pick dealer page, type in city, and tried my postcode but that page is not working.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
I first tried on Imac using Safari, that did not work.

Then tried on my Windows 7 work computer, using Explorer, that again does not go past the pick your local dealer page, it does not pick a dealer or have any more follow on link icons.

Downloaded the MyKia app on Samsung phone, again cannot get past the pick dealer page, type in city, and tried my postcode but that page is not working.

Thanks
Hi Frank

Is this still not getting past that page? We've been advised you may be able to by typing in Brayley (Oxford).

KCS

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi,

Done that, tried my postcode, dealers postcode and dealers name. There is no continue link to carry on past that page. There was one occasion when a drop down list gave a list of dealers, but there was no follow on link to continue to next page, just a greyed out cross on to right of screen.

Have booked in at dealers for Sat nav software upgrade next week, so will be on their system from now on for future servicing.

Was told when on the phone to Kia CS, to wait a few weeks and try again as there have been reports of the MyKia registration not working by a few people, and IT were working on it.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Hi,

Done that, tried my postcode, dealers postcode and dealers name. There is no continue link to carry on past that page. There was one occasion when a drop down list gave a list of dealers, but there was no follow on link to continue to next page, just a greyed out cross on to right of screen.

Have booked in at dealers for Sat nav software upgrade next week, so will be on their system from now on for future servicing.

Was told when on the phone to Kia CS, to wait a few weeks and try again as there have been reports of the MyKia registration not working by a few people, and IT were working on it.

We're sorry that didn't work. We don't appear to have other cases of this happening so have passed this on to the MyKia team for testing.

KCS

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just tried again

When I get to pick a dealer, I type in location and follow the link, the next page has the grey cross top right, this page does not go anywhere when I type in location or dealers name, I highlight the two filters as well, but there is no link to get past this page.

The continue button on bottom image takes me to the top image with the cross on top right.

Screen Shot 2.png
Screen Shot 1.png

1 - 11 of 11 Posts