Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When driving my sedona and accelerating to get onto a dual carriageway via slip road or something like that, when the car gets to about 2800-3000 rpm it makes a very fast constant ch ch ch ch ch type sound, it could also be described as a sneezing sound just very short sneezes.

When i dont gun the car hard it drives fine with no noticeable noises and i get good MPG ( i think about 500 miles to a tank mixed motorway and town driving.)

having read up i think it may be the injector seals.

Is this right? could it be something else?

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Could this be linked with the heavy steering. Possible steering pump noise like alot of air in system. Have you tried turning steering to full lock on left and hold for a few seconds and then turn other way and hold on full lock for similar time and do this a couple of times just to purge air from system. Check power steering fluid level before and after test.
Its worth a try as it doesn't cost anything.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I dont think so, as I am fairly certain the sound has been there longer than the heavy steering.

the aircon doesnt work though and although I have checked the belts i am wondering if it is linked?

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Its a difficult one to diagnose without actually hearing and locating this ch ch ch chatting of the choo choo noise

·
Registered
28 Posts
I had a similiar sound which I found to be the aircon belt tensioner pulley , I eventually pinpointed by local application of wd40. Its located nearest to all the road spray and dirt.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
My Rios auxiliary belt tensioner sizzled on mine when it was running but a squirt of WD would keep it quiet for a while.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hmm will have a look and see if i can figure out exactly where the noise is coming from.

need to get the aircon sorted as well with the weather the way it is at the moment.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Have a look at your front brake discs - mine had developed a similar noise and found it was a small lip that had developed on the outer edge of the disk catching on the back plate - also depending what model you have there is a primitive wear indicator on your pads where a small metal lug comes into contact with the disc as the pads wear - worth a check.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Primitive!!
That's High tech Al. KIA like to call them Acoustic warning devises

I cut mine off knowing i had miles left in them but also aware they soon needed replacing.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi it's defo not the brakes it makes this noise when you are stationary and you rev the engine up it sounds very much like a squeaky fan belt but the noise doesn't speed up when you rev the engine so I'm quite confused.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Sounds like a squeeky engine stabilizer, or an exhaust squeek. Car over a pit and get your <strike>stes sthet</strike><strike>stath</strike> <strike>shet</strike> those things that doctors plug into their ears, yes them, and check the underside or the top and sides back and front

1 - 13 of 13 Posts