Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking of having my Sportage Ceramic coated, I know its not cheap but I intend on keeping it for a few more years, has anybody had this done and what are your thoughts.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I assume you mean the paintwork and not the manifolds.

The community search works well for this, have a look here:

And here

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I assume you mean the paintwork and not the manifolds.

The community search works well for this, have a look here:

And here

Hi ray_b
Yes i meant the paintwork, thanks for the links.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Not had the Sportage coated (it's a workhorse for me so I'm not that bothered about it) but one of my other cars is a very dark colour and having that coated made it a lot easier to clean.
Still gets just as dirty as it did mind... any claims it keeps your car cleaner are wide of the mark!

·
Registered
146 Posts
Hi
Not sure how to add my link but i have had mine ceramic coated in fact all 3 sportys i've owned and i would highly recommend it.
I posted some pictures in the detailing section on this forum and as we have the same color you will be able to appreciate the results.
Only thing i would add is choose carefully which coating i have had Gyeon applied on all 3 and make sure who ever does it is approved to do so by the manufacturer of the coating as there are a lot of cowboys out there.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi
Not sure how to add my link but i have had mine ceramic coated in fact all 3 sportys i've owned and i would highly recommend it.
I posted some pictures in the detailing section on this forum and as we have the same color you will be able to appreciate the results.
Only thing i would add is choose carefully which coating i have had Gyeon applied on all 3 and make sure who ever does it is approved to do so by the manufacturer of the coating as there are a lot of cowboys out there.
Hi megandlol
Thanks for the feedback, I will search for the pictures to have a look.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts