Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anxiously waiting to get a confirmed date for the new car, this form and watching reviews helps ease the pain...

One thing which is really beginning to worry as it gets closer to taking delivery, is the marks which will appear on the central piano black console. Many reviewers have mentioned the lightest scratch will appear from using the incorrect clean cloth or coats arms leaning across, it's going to be inevitable.

Has anyone come across anything we can use to protect the central piano black console?
Gear shift Car Vehicle Automotive design Motor vehicle

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
i have that piano black finish in my 2019 Sportage and after nearly 3 years of use there are no scratches, mind you i do use Autoglym Tyre Dressing when I clean my car out, leaves a nice shine and restores the lustre..looks like new and scratch free..

·
Super Moderator
9,472 Posts
Well having had that finish for 4 years in 2 cars, the only issue is finger prints, but they simply wipe off.
Scratches are not a issue unless I guess you start chucking sharp objects around.

·
Registered
15 Posts
As long as you’re careful with sharp objects around it, it should be OK.
I had an old Volvo where they keys on my keychain would scratch around on a bit of glass black. Had it for 6 years and it was only lightly scratched.
A clear vinyl wrap would save you from worrying about it. Other wraps will be more fiddly, as you will need to leave the buttons unwrapped to still be able to see what they are.

·
Registered
on order GTs hybrid 4wd
304 Posts
Yes not a fan on black on the outside or on the interior roof, just shows up dirt.
The rear of the sportages will look a pigs ear in no time IMO.

·
Registered
72 Posts
What’s your lots view on ceramic coating?
Big Question....??...Honest opinion.....depends milage?? what roads?? urban, motor way, rural....are you doing ceramic diy? or professional are you going to local car wash after coating 🙄loads of if or but's...qustions...
join Detailing World Forum....your find loads of question answered...enjoy all the best with answers...😁

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Big Question....??...Honest opinion.....depends milage?? what roads?? urban, motor way, rural....are you doing ceramic diy? or professional are you going to local car wash after coating 🙄loads of if or but's...qustions...
join Detailing World Forum....your find loads of question answered...enjoy all the best with answers...😁
Ads, I was thinking of ceramic coating the console :D

1 - 20 of 36 Posts