Kia Owners Club Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

central locking

3K views 42 replies 6 participants last post by  iooi 
#1 ·
sent motor in for rear axle bracket welding and as usual cums out with another problem?
Doors wont open, have to use key and then only opens drivers door.
If i manually flick open all flippers on doors manually and THEN TURN KEY THEY ALL LOCK?
ANY IDEAS CHAPS?

#7 ·
thanx anyway..just heard if welder took the batery leads off to weld that cud be my problem, been told to remove lead again for a few minutes, replace and try again..dark now so will try in morning...whatver I find and does trick i will RETURN to give info to help anyone else in the future.

#9 ·
The ATAC's unit is situated behind the heating controls on the centre panel...I wanted to disable the bonging when you open the door with the key still in the ignition but it's quite far back in there so I had to leave it....It controls a number of things like the courtesy lights delay and I think the central locking, but I'm not certain....I don't know whether there is a separate fuse?

#12 ·

you could read this post from 7 year ago?

#13 ·

you could read this post from 7 year ago?
i will tell you what I would think is your problem with your door locking ,it,s your icm relay block I have done a few over the years,don,t let kia con you into 100 of pounds to fix,I will give you the part number it,s icm relay block 911103e880 that,s for the sorento up to around 2008 and around 30 pound ,they are held by two 10 mil nuts on the drivers above the fuse box take the change container out and you will see it up and to your right it,s a bit of a pig to get at ,I don,t bolt back I cable tie the new one around the other cable block because it's bolted against metal and condensation gets in them thanks

#20 ·
GREATTTTTT, I fixed it, found the relay, it was white in colour I decided to use the WAY, if it doesnt work hit it with a HAMMER, I tapped it a few times with the end of a screwdriver, thought why not?...reached for the flipper on the door and pushed it one way and all doors locked, oushed it again and all opened tried it several times, effin great JOB DUN!
Thanks 4 tellin me where the relay was...AGAIN THANX Hope anyone else avin same problem will try my way?

#26 ·
yes someone said it was bolted to the inside wing & picks up damp that way, plus someone also said when replacing they left the old one in place and plastic tied the new one. So keepin that in mind I might now try to remove those two screws/bolts holding it and also use a plastic tie and let it hang therefore taking the chance of damp transferring, thanx again for that. This has been very beneficial to me coming onto this forum and truly thank all those thats added thats got the locks working for ZERO £'s...I hope this thread can help someone else cus without it I was stuck with the problem and cum next MOT wud av failed.

#38 ·
From May 20th 2018 all doors had to open from inside and out to pass Mot. Before May 2018 it only applied to drivers and front passengers door

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.