Kia Owners Club Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Banned
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sent motor in for rear axle bracket welding and as usual cums out with another problem?
Doors wont open, have to use key and then only opens drivers door.
If i manually flick open all flippers on doors manually and THEN TURN KEY THEY ALL LOCK?
ANY IDEAS CHAPS?

·
Registered
573 Posts
Could be that they disconnected the battery to do the welding but either way it is the garages problem is it not?

·
Registered
573 Posts
First things first..have you tried your other remote keyfob?, have you changed the keyfob battery?

·
Banned
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thats ok when pressed the lights flash so its sending the signal..founda fuse in rear compartment drivers side where jack is thats ok..any more fuses.

·
Registered
573 Posts
I'm sure someone more knowledgeable than I will be along that knows how to pair the remotes with the 'ATAC's unit? sorry I can't help.

·
Banned
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm sure someone more knowledgeable than I will be along that knows how to pair the remotes with the 'ATAC's unit? sorry I can't help.
thanx anyway..just heard if welder took the batery leads off to weld that cud be my problem, been told to remove lead again for a few minutes, replace and try again..dark now so will try in morning...whatver I find and does trick i will RETURN to give info to help anyone else in the future.

·
Registered
573 Posts
The ATAC's unit is situated behind the heating controls on the centre panel...I wanted to disable the bonging when you open the door with the key still in the ignition but it's quite far back in there so I had to leave it....It controls a number of things like the courtesy lights delay and I think the central locking, but I'm not certain....I don't know whether there is a separate fuse?

·
Registered
573 Posts

you could read this post from 7 year ago?

·
Registered
11 Posts
sent motor in for rear axle bracket welding and as usual cums out with another problem?
If i manually flick open all flippers on doors manually and THEN TURN KEY THEY ALL LOCK?
ANY IDEAS CHAPS?

you could read this post from 7 year ago?
ANY IDEAS CHAPS?
i will tell you what I would think is your problem with your door locking ,it,s your icm relay block I have done a few over the years,don,t let kia con you into 100 of pounds to fix,I will give you the part number it,s icm relay block 911103e880 that,s for the sorento up to around 2008 and around 30 pound ,they are held by two 10 mil nuts on the drivers above the fuse box take the change container out and you will see it up and to your right it,s a bit of a pig to get at ,I don,t bolt back I cable tie the new one around the other cable block because it's bolted against metal and condensation gets in them thanks

·
Banned
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i will tell you what I would think is your problem with your door locking ,it,s your icm relay block I have done a few over the years,don,t let kia con you into 100 of pounds to fix,I will give you the part number it,s icm relay block 911103e880 that,s for the sorento up to around 2008 and around 30 pound ,they are held by two 10 mil nuts on the drivers above the fuse box take the change container out and you will see it up and to your right it,s a bit of a pig to get at ,I don,t bolt back I cable tie the new one around the other cable block because it's bolted against metal and condensation gets in them thanks
so grateful to you, but whats the change container, do I have to take the cover off that surrounds the fuse box?

·
Registered
11 Posts
so grateful to you, but whats the change container, do I have to take the cover off that surrounds the fuse box?
Sorry I,m late on reply it,s the pull down box on drivers side I think you should have one the last one I done was on a sorento 2007 you pull it open then lift it up and it will come out with a little force if you look through the hole where the cash container was you can put your hand with ten mil socket up from underneath looking through the hole where the cash box was you can see what you are doing I did unplug some of the other connectors that were in the way all three I have done water had got in the from condensation that's why I use ties and keep them from the metal that they are bolted to you don,t need to take the old one out you can get the plug out and plug it into the new one and fix with ties the plug can be a bit of a pig to get out hope this helps

·
Banned
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Sorry I,m late on reply it,s the pull down box on drivers side I think you should have one the last one I done was on a sorento 2007 you pull it open then lift it up and it will come out with a little force if you look through the hole where the cash container was you can put your hand with ten mil socket up from underneath looking through the hole where the cash box was you can see what you are doing I did unplug some of the other connectors that were in the way all three I have done water had got in the from condensation that's why I use ties and keep them from the metal that they are bolted to you don,t need to take the old one out you can get the plug out and plug it into the new one and fix with ties the plug can be a bit of a pig to get out hope this helps
ok my car is a uk one right hand drive. I have reMoved the step cover HELD BY ONE SCREW and also the cover that surrounds the fuse box, I see a relay above the box is this the relay we are talking about?...OR
Goin further when I operate the flipper on the door to open close the doors, I can hear a faint click somewhere up from the clutch brake area, is this by any chance the relay thats faulty?

·
Banned
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ok my car is a uk one right hand drive. I have reMoved the step cover HELD BY ONE SCREW and also the cover that surrounds the fuse box, I see a relay above the box is this the relay we are talking about?...OR
Goin further when I operate the flipper on the door to open close the doors, I can hear a faint click somewhere up from the clutch brake area, is this by any chance the relay thats faulty?
I feel I am in th wrong area here, you say cash box wud this be the centre consol under the ashtray at all?
Someone said it was drivers side above fuses, I am completely lost here can u assist please ARE we talking about the centre of the car or the drivers side door side.

·
Banned
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I feel I am in th wrong area here, you say cash box wud this be the centre consol under the ashtray at all?
Someone said it was drivers side above fuses, I am completely lost here can u assist please ARE we talking about the centre of the car or the drivers side door side.
ok myu son says the cash box is the small draw didnt know that?
can see the replay plugged in.
CAN I now say that when I operate the flipper on the door I can hear distict CLICK but not cuming from the relay somewhere else?

·
Banned
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
ok myu son says the cash box is the small draw didnt know that?
can see the replay plugged in.
CAN I now say that when I operate the flipper on the door I can hear distict CLICK but not cuming from the relay somewhere else?
this all happened when cum back from avin weldingg dun backend of car...if he used electric welding cud that have ruined somet, replay etc?..gargae dont wanna know, wots new?

·
Banned
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
GREATTTTTT, I fixed it, found the relay, it was white in colour I decided to use the WAY, if it doesnt work hit it with a HAMMER, I tapped it a few times with the end of a screwdriver, thought why not?...reached for the flipper on the door and pushed it one way and all doors locked, oushed it again and all opened tried it several times, effin great JOB DUN!
Thanks 4 tellin me where the relay was...AGAIN THANX Hope anyone else avin same problem will try my way?

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.