Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right - got an issue with the locking - Ceed SW by the way.

Locks and unlocks with the remote fine. Get in car drive off and doors lock also fine.

However, when we stop and turn engine off only the front doors unlock. This is a pain when you get out of the car in the pssing rain to retrieve jacket on back seat only to find the back doors locked. Hunted around the instruction book which in my case is in French but nothing stands out.

Incidentally, using the remote or the dash board button unlocks all the doors.

·
Registered
144 Posts
The auto locking function of your car will not then auto unlock the vehicle. If you pull up, switch off engine, it will only unlock the doors you pull the handle on from the inside. Its not a problem with the locking, its just an annoyance which they have not decided needs a fix yet.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Donna and Blitzen, are you saying those designers in Germany got it wrong???! I experienced the same annoyance untill I discovered the dash button after going through the english maze......sorry owners manual!!. Trouble isnobody reads the hanbook first, then drives the car away from the showroom.

·
Registered
144 Posts
The problem is your saleman didnt do his job properly and make sure you knew all the controls.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts