Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, My 53 plate 1.8 LX has recently developed problems with the central locking system using both remote control and key.<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

Opening is no problem with either, but locking is intermittent. Problem was highlighted when one morning we found some of the contents of the door pocket laying in the road. That car had been left unlocked overnight and someone had paid a visit!

When you push the button to lock the car, the indicators all flash as normal but no clunk as the locks are applied. Very occasionally it will work. I've tried clicking open then immediately to close, but no joy.

Operating with the key doesn't lock all doors either. It's back to the good old fashioned going round locking each door individually plus the tailgate.

I've tried new battery in fob, no joy.

Any ideas or suggesting welcomed.

Regards
Dave

·
Registered
682 Posts
Hi Dave if its not locking any of the doors it sounds like the signal from the door central locking unit is not being sent?
May need to havea KIAdealer have a look at it, unless you have a wiring diagram/manual.

If its just one door it could be a connector or wiring fault on that door.

Bob.

·
Registered
662 Posts
issue is likely to be water in the loom or connectors its a pig to find but appears to be a common issue need to strip out the doors and clean and grease all electrical connections

best of luck

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks very much for the quick respose and ideas. Sounds like it could be fun and/or expensive to resolve. Does anyone know where the control unit lives?
Doors to manual!

Regards

Dave

1 - 4 of 4 Posts