Kia Owners Club Forum banner

Central locking playing up

1K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  iooi 
#1 ·
Morning all, a couple of months ago our Xceed central locking started playing up. Sometimes it wouldn't lock the car using the door button, or it'd only lock the driver's door and not the others. Same thing happened when locking with the key. We booked it into our local Kia dealer who had it for a whole day and couldn't find anything wrong with it. Fast forward to Saturday and my wife got home, switched the engine off, got out and the infotainment system was still on. This usually switches off when you open the driver's door. She locked the car and the infotainment system was still on, she walked inside the house and the headlights were still on too. These usually switch off after about 30 seconds. We locked and unlocked it a few times using the fob and eventually everything switched off. This morning my wife gets to work and again the same thing happens only this time the driver's door is not locking - all other doors are. She tried locking and unlocking the car with the door button and the fob and the problem remains.
Kia cannot look at the car until Friday.
Has anyone else experienced anything like this? Is there anything simple we can try in the meantime? I'm going to try a soft reset of the infotainment system to see if that cures it, but part of me thinks the problem lies within the driver's door.

#2 ·
Has anyone else experienced anything like this? Is there anything simple we can try in the meantime?
I feel sure you would have done this but I must ask, just in case: Have you tried the spare key fob (presuming you have one)?

That aside, although I have never set foot inside an Xceed, you could try turning off the fuse switch inside the cabin, usually near the driver's right knee. Leaving it switched off for may be 15-20 minutes and resetting it can fix some odd electronic glitches. Do not lock the car once the fuse switch is off! You will probably lose the trip meter readings so, if that is important, jot them down before performing the switch trick. Otherwise, infotainment and electrics should be fine.

If that doesn't resolve the issue, leave it to your KIA dealership on Friday.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.