Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right I 've had a look at threads but can't find anything on this ! Turning into my drive this morning & the central locking locked the doors ,then unlocked ,then locked, etc, etc etc. Turned off ignition & it carried on . Held lock / unlock button on door & it stopped. It always stops in the locked position . If I get in the car with the door open & put the key in , not turn it , just put it in It will start again until I press the button. Car starts & drives ok. I've tracked it down to the electronic box under the gear stick & had a fiddle with the connections but still the same. Anyone had this problem & know of a solution short of a new electric box ? I'm going to dismantle the centre console when it stops raining .
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Had this on a Rover 827 a few years ago. It sounds as though the electronic part of the drivers side door lock is at fault causing it to cycle through the lock/unlock phase. Not sure if the electronic part of the lock is a changeable alone part or if it needs to be changed as a complete unit without looking at the workshop manual. Am out the country till Tuesday/Wednesday but will have a look for you when Iget back homeEdited by: bruno1926

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers for that Bruno. I dismantled the centre console & , as you'd expect, It's now stopped doing it !
reassembled it all having taken details of the ecu / etacs unit & the other bits under there. I did have a look at the electric section in the manual but there's not a lot there. Been thinking that it could be from the door unit so will have a look there next. Look forward to your reply when you return , Thanks again.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yes , you were right it's definitely that.Tracked the fault to the door lock assembly ( the actual locking mechanism ). If I disconnect it in the door the problem stops whilst leaving the central locking working on the switches ok. When I get time I'll dismantle the doorlock & see if it's repairable, otherwise it'll need a new one. Cheers.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts