Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

I am seriously considering a new Ceed 4.

How are the dealers on discounts ?

I purchased a Fiat in 2008 and managed to get over £3000 off a £10K car.

But in the past have had no discounts at all from Skoda or Seat.

Do Kia sell enough cars to not need to discount them further ?

I know they aregiving you the equivalent ofthe VAT at the moment but I would like to get a further couple of grand off.

Cheers

·
Registered
536 Posts
Humm. My proceed was under £16k for a car with a RRP of £18k+ I think that is good enough for the 4spec as its a damn sight better than the £22k focus and Astra equivalents. Besides you answered your own question...you got loads knocked of a fiat.....there's a waiting list for ceed and pro ceed 4 spec's. Sounds like Fiat were desperate to get rid!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bugger. I was hoping that someone would say they are prolific discounters.

@RichieD76 Hi. Looks like I will be getting the same car as you. Any reason why you chose the 3 door as opposed to the 5 door ? Looks better ?
What colour have you got ?

·
Registered
163 Posts
It's difficult to discount what is already a cheap car, but the new cee'd is out next year, so see what you can get! they are selling them for 16kwithout VAT at the mo which isn't bad!

·
Registered
536 Posts
@gandalf999 To be honest the reason I picked the 3 over the 5 door was that I didn't know there was a 4 spec ceed! Still prefure the proceed though if I'm honest. Looks sportier, still roomy and has a generous boot space. My daughters older now so was less of a problem seating her in a 3door as she can do it herself. And the big doors make if easier for my wife to get in as she's got a bad back. Not without problems tho. You have to reach round quiet far to put on your seatbelt. Rear visibility not perfect but I'm used to driving big vans and the camera on the 4spec well makes up for it. I chose artic white. Mrs had a good point that the red and silver makes the car blend in withe the ford and vauxhall cars people "settle" for. Blacks a pain to clean as Drakey can confirm. I will vouch that the blue looks nice though.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
@RichieD76 I was thinking of the Blue or the White( White no extra dosh involved
)
I am also not bothered about the rear visibility as my S500 Merc is a squillion feet long and I rely on the parking sensors.
I went to the dealers today but they cannot get any 4's as they are made to order so could not test drive one.
He said I could test drive a 89bhp model. May take him up on this next week.
They had a proceed 3 and I think it looks miles better than the ceed. So that will probably be the the direction I go in.
He told me the satnav does not search on postcodes, is that correct ? My Merc satnav doesn't do postcodes because it is the CD version and it is a pain in the a*se. Cant believe satnav in a car nowadays is missing this.
I may leave it until nearer the end of the month which is also the end of the quarter and then try to barter a bit. Also as I cannot test drive the car I want I will be buying blind so that may be a bargaining point.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Yeah it's about a 6week wait for them to. But atleast you know it's yours and hasn't been used as a demo a few times which is always nice...you know what it's like test drives..you always "see what it can do" usually when the engine isn't warm enough and young so not good to buy the demo! Personally I think if you test drove the 89hp you will either be put off (compared to your S500) or you will be shocked when you get the 126 version. I've gone from a larger car but the only thing I've noticed is that I change up gear to early. But when I'm at cruise speed I know I'm using a damn site less fuel than I was in my previous car. Trust me though, the camera on the 4spec is way more of a help than and parking sensor. People must think I'm a stunt driver the way you can effortlessly throw it into the tightest spaces. My wife has got it down to a T parallel parking in tiny spaces better than me even but I swear it's because I'm scared about scraping the bodywork and wheels
As for discounts though I was told that once Kia HQ set the VAT free deals they were margin limited and that profit the garage could make was capped. BUT ask for free car mats, boot liner and mudguards. The dealer I used (boongate Kia Peterborough) were for use of a better word perfect. They realised the investment you were making in a top of the range model and threw in the finishing touches to make the deal "feel" better. Yes you don't get money off, but your not out of pocket for essentials.

As for the sat nav I've not really noticed. Usually the 1st line of the address is enough. What I think it does is narrow it's search based on the closest destination. I put in 1 school lane and it found the exact address. I mean how many streets called school lane must there be in the uk. If you enter a postcode you still have to narrow the road or number. The sat nav is BRILLIANT as far as accuracy is concerned and even states speed limits although can be complicated to navigate on screen sometimes. Edited by: RichieD76

·
Registered
245 Posts
Now is the time to get down the dealer. They launched their latest deals on the Ceed range in October which run to end of December... and that's an amazing zero VAT offer. You have to have the car registered and delivered before end of December to get the offer so don't delay.

I went for the Ceed 3 in the end in white, collected it approx 3 weeks ago now.

I considered going for the new 4 version (which was only announced in October 2011), but decided I really didn't need to spend yet another £2k on top for the sake of the Sat Nav and leather seats.

There were no '4' models available in October either as they were being built to order. Personally I preferred the sporty wheels and the black air dam on the front of the '3' models to the photos of the '4' spec versions.

The '4' spec is available for a shade over 16k in the current offer (normally 19k). The ceed 3 is normally 17.5k and I paid 14k on the nose for mine so well happy..... there is no other NEW car out there of similar spec or size for that kind of money.

Don't bother test driving the 89bhp model if you are considering the '4' spec. The 3 spec high power has 113bhp, the '4'spec has 126bhp - so drive a 3 spec high power to get a feel for the car - there are plenty of them around. If you find that fine you know the '4' spec will have extra power.

Incidently.. you say you have a Merc S500... From one Merc owner to another, I traded my C-class in for the Ceed and haven't been disappointed.

·
Registered
536 Posts
The 126bhp does have a little more lag than the 113 but minimal. For a 1.6 generating that much power in a diesel what do you expect. Mines still only 400miles on it though so will still be a little tight. I paid quite abit less than 16k though. But the 4 comes with heated front wipers, reversing camera, voice control 17inch wheels, privacy glass, heated front leather seats and dual zone aircon and electric folding mirrors but I think the 3 may have those too. Not just satnav and leather. I think it's good value for the extra but even I would have prefured to have the option of cloth seats for a bit of discount. Can't say I've noticed the 3's air dam but the 4 does have one at the bottom of the front bumper. what I do miss that the 3 has is the brushed finish sills and the aluminium peddles. Was going to get some for my 4 but if you go in halfords all your confronted with is chav wear made of monkey metal that's anodised. Might have to go on demontweaks I think to get a nice set of quality ones.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm almost decided. May well go to the dealers Tues or Wed.
@RichieD76. How did you manage to get yours quite a bit less than 16K ? I may need that info :) as 16K is the price after the 20% VAT equivalent reduction. I would love to get one for 14K.

·
Registered
536 Posts
It just worked out that way. I think it's because i brought mine in September.. Well set up the deal in september. Before the four spec and VAT free deal were announced by Kia. At the time it was a discount to 7% discount and the dealer was deducting the remainder to make it 0%. Then Kia HQ changed the deal to 0%VAT across the country and the margin was set. Then take off what I would have paid in mats, mudguards boot liner ect and works out a real good deal.

If you do want to know how harsh I can get at saving money and getting the deal that worked for me...

http://www.kiaownersclub.co.uk/forum/tempted-by-a-proceed-3-16-crdi_topic4862.html. My comments on there make me sound liked a right hard arsed c**t but I'm not I promise. Edited by: RichieD76

·
Registered
245 Posts
I was talking about the ceed '4' 5 door hatchback version that got announced in October, not the Pro-ceed 4 version that has been around for much longer.

In the case of the 5 door hatchback, the '3' has a sporty vibe, while the '4' has a luxury vibe.

The additional spec on the 4 over the 3 is:

""¢ 126bhp instead of 113bhp
""¢ 10 spoke 17" alloy wheels
""¢ Rear parking camera
""¢ Integrated Sat Nav
""¢ Voice recognition on the Bluetooth
""¢ Leather seats
""¢ Folding electric mirrors with indicators
""¢ Heated seats
""¢ Metallic dash fascia
""¢ Chrome grille

But it deletes:
""¢ 5 spoke 17" alloy wheels
""¢ Alloy foot pedals
""¢ Gloss black grille
""¢ Gloss black dash fascia
""¢ Front black gloss lower bumper garnish (like an air dam effect)
""¢ Aluminium door entry guards

When I referred to it costing 2k more for 'leather and Sat-Nav' I was just summerising ... as the other bits weren't of great value to me, and I much preferred the sporty 5 spoke wheels on the '3'. Still makes for a great value package though, but as I was already stretching myself to spend 14k on a NEW '3' hatchback (instead of 12k on a year old '3') stretching yet another 2k for the '4' version was a no go.

Edited by: micman

·
Registered
536 Posts
Oh yeah sorry keep forgetting this is the ceed section. I prefure the 5spoke wheels of the 3 especially with the extra sporty little bits here and there. Understand what you mean by the front air dam now. Is it the same one that was on the X ceed?

·
Registered
26 Posts
I'm another ex-Merc driver now driving a Kia. I'm convinced that my Ceed3 CRDI auto is better made than the Merc A class, and it's a lot more comfortable and drives much better.

Even after fifteen months you still get the satisfying "thunk" sound when you close the door.

Only problem is the badge - but who cares?

·
Registered
536 Posts
You mean the stuck up, pompas, thinks he rules the road Merc badge acctually made you get rid and buy a Kia? Well done Kia!
Edited by: RichieD76

·
Registered
245 Posts
RichieD76 said:
You mean the stuck up, pompas, thinks he rules the road Merc badge acctually made you get rid and buy a Kia? Well done Kia!
I think you will find that is Audi drivers of which you speak

1 - 17 of 17 Posts