Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

New here so be gentle!

Picked up a new (to me) Ceed_SW yesterday.... and very happy so far.

One thing that I can't seem to get working right though - the phone.

Bluetooth is paired and music streams nicely.

When I make or receive a call, the phone handset is activated - and I have to connect back to the bluetooth. It is only 1 key press on the phone - but annoying. Just part-ex'd a Fiat with a similar system and that work really well.

Any ideas?

Ta

Si

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well, after lots of research seems I'm not alone (although maybe on here!).

Looking now to get a decent car kit fitted instead of the shonky system Kia have developed.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi Chalkstorm,
Im new to KIA but when I got my car I deleted the previous owners mobile phone and all other bluetooth connected devices from the in car bluetooth . ..Also I think there is a maximum number of devices you can connect to the in car bluetooth and your phone maybe one too many?. So the reason might be that your mobile phone is activating is because it is being dropped off the list by the bluetooth system. I know you say your phone streams music and everything else is fine but that may be because it recognises your phone as a MP3 player and not a phone?. It may be worth looking on the system to see if any other devices/phones are connected and delete them....Look Im not sure about all this...But like I said Im new to KIA. Perhaps back to the dealer?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks VCTNothing other than mine paired. I believe it is a design flaw (3 different phones all the same). It willreceivecalls ok - and last number redial works from the steering wheel - but if you dial using the handset it diverts the call back to the handset. Probably some silly safety feature! Anyway, proper car kit booked for fitting next week...
Si

·
Registered
62 Posts
Yup, that's exactly how it'ssupposedto work. You can only call the last dialed number from the steering wheel.

Calls from the handset are described as a privacy feature, not security. If you make a call from the handset, the car thinks it's a private call that you won't want routed through the bluetooth system. You have to tell the phone to send it through Bluetooth.

Working exactly as designed, andcompletelyrubbish.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks baddog...!

I'd read that you could only dial the last number from the steering wheel - that works perfectly.... but of course, using the phone... well...... sometimes when it connected and dumped the call to the handset, I could press bluetooth on the phone and it would work - but mostly, it would dump the call straight back to the handset.

Anyway, I've got one of these being fitted next week - so I can just turn off the KIA rotten_tooth.....

http://www.motorola.com/Consumers/GB-EN/Consumer-Products-and-Services/Car-Kits/Professional-Car-Kits/Motorola-TK30-Music-Hands-Free-Car-Kit-GB-EN

·
Registered
8 Posts
kia updated my cars sortware today and its screwed up my blutooth hands free kit so its probbaly a dodgy update from kia thats made yours useless.Wont go into depth again iv just posted about it in another thread.They tried to blame the phone at first but when you have spare phones with you in prepparation for them blaming anyone but themselves and then they cant connect their own phones either they then admit it isnt your phone lol

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Mine connects fine - just drops the call to the handset when making outbound calls (still connected to the system by b/t).

Anyway, my lovely new Motorola Kit is spot on.....

·
Registered
8 Posts
baddogshuck said:
Yup, that's exactly how it'ssupposedto work. You can only call the last dialed number from the steering wheel.

Calls from the handset are described as a privacy feature, not security. If you make a call from the handset, the car thinks it's a private call that you won't want routed through the bluetooth system. You have to tell the phone to send it through Bluetooth.

your not quite right there

up until today if i dialed from my phone it would get picked up by the incar bluetooth handsfree kit once it started ringing.Now i have had the update from kia it bounces the call back to the phone even if i try and force it back using the connect to kia device on my iphon,htc and nokia.Pressing the call button on the steering wheel will do last number dialed but when you press call on your phone after selecting the contact you want to call it should get picked up by your handsfree kit and that is how it is supposed to work .

people with newer cars than myself may have never experienced a fully working bluetooth kit as they have the new software isntalled but believe me the hands free kit worked very well until they applied the update to my car today.Hands free is supposed to prevent you having to mess with your phone and because of this update you now have to mess even more with your phone to push the call through to hands free which defeats the object of handsfree and is therefore a fault on kia's part.

if enough people complain they my fix it .kia wont sort it if people are happy to make do or buy new kits

Edited by: snozzler29

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
snozzler29 said:
if enough people complain they my fix it .kia wont sort it if people are happy to make do or buy new kits

Maybe so - but I don't have the time to wait years for a car-giant to change their policy on software updates....

·
Registered
8 Posts
i was going to buy a new kia later this year but iv made it very clear if they dont return my cars kit to a working state they wont be getting my custom again or my partners.We have 2 kia ceeds mines a diesil and her's is the petrol version.My partners kia ceed is still running on older software and after today she dare not take her car in because she relies hevily on been able to talk and drive due to her job.

i suppose the stig will remain uneffected as he dosnt talk

·
Registered
62 Posts
snozzler29 said:
baddogshuck said:

your not quite right there

up until today if i dialed from my phone it would get picked up by the incar bluetooth handsfree kit once it started ringing.Now i have had the update from kia it bounces the call back to the phone even if i try and force it back using the connect to kia device on my iphon,htc and nokia.Pressing the call button on the steering wheel will do last number dialed but when you press call on your phone after selecting the contact you want to call it should get picked up by your handsfree kit and that is how it is supposed to work .

people with newer cars than myself may have never experienced a fully working bluetooth kit as they have the new software isntalled but believe me the hands free kit worked very well until they applied the update to my car today.Hands free is supposed to prevent you having to mess with your phone and because of this update you now have to mess even more with your phone to push the call through to hands free which defeats the object of handsfree and is therefore a fault on kia's part.

You're confusing two different issues. Firstly, the latest cee'd update has broken bluetooth for some phones. Blackberry's, for example, still work, Android phones don't. It'll get sorted.

Secondly, making a call from the phone will not and never did go via bluetooth automatically. It's a privacy feature, you have to tell the phone to route the call through bluetooth after you've pressed call. It's in the manual, page 4/127 under 'Private Call Function'

·
Registered
8 Posts
i am not confusing anything.When you press kia on the phone screen it dosnt go through it bounces back and older phones dont give you this option at all so it should go directly to the handsfree kit but it dosnt.My phone and bluetooth kit worked as i say it did before the update and my partners kia still works the way i said it did because she hasnt got the update.

no disrespect but i have and my kia since 2009 and connected many phones to it and every phone has sent calls through to the handsfree kit so i can hear it ringing the person i am calling dialtone through the speakers.On the iphone for example after hitting call you get 3 options 1: kia bluetooth 2: i-phone 3: loud speaker (which is iphones loud speaker not handsfree)

when you press kia bluetooth it is supoosed to transfer to your cars handsfree but it dosnt it bounces back to your i-phone and with phones that are older and dont have touchscreens the call just stays on the mobile phone

ps:

manager grabbed as many phones as he could from staff and i took a handfull with me simply because i have plenty to hand because i repair and sell mobile phones

phones tested on new firmware were blackberry curve,i-phone 3gs,i-phone 4,nokia n95,samsung gts- s3100 plus a few others including 2 different model HTC phones.I took a pretty good variety of older and newer phones and types of phones to show it wasnt just newer phones with the issue.

ALL WORKED PROPPERLY WITH THE OLDER FIRMWARE WHEN TESTED AND NONE WORKED PROPPERLY WITH THE NEW FIRMWARE

If anyone else is having issues after the update do not fall for the its your phone or its a feature excuse because it isnt a feature it is a bad update unless the feature is called "lets break your bluetooth system"

i feel sorry for people who have bought cars that have already had the 2011 update installed because they have no idea its a bad firmware they just make do with a very poor broken device because they arnt aware it can work much better.

I have proven it to the kia dealership manager with both my and my partners cars side by side using the same phones plus one of their own older kia ceeds they took as trade in on a 59 plate and the only difference been the firmware on the stereos.

I am currently in the process of requesting the old firmware via my dealership and i will let you guys know how i am getting on or if reversing the update works if i can get the firmware but if you have a kia ceed pre 2011 and are happy with the way your hands free works i would recomend you insist they do not update your stereo if you drop it in at your dealers for anything because they will update it as standard procedure and break it.

As the stereo update is seperate to the ecu update i dont see why dealers should even be touching the stereo unless you have reported a fault with the stereo but thats a different matter.Some poor sods with older cars could take their car in for a waterleak check and get their car back with a faulty handsfree kit because the dealers updated with their stereo's firmware .

anyway like i said i will check back with an update when i hear back from my dealership who are waitingto hear back from kia

·
Registered
62 Posts
I don't have an iphone so didn't know you have to select the output every time you make a call, but the other phones work as Kia state - calls started on the phone stay there until you tell it to use Bluetooth.

Like I said, Kia broke the bluetooth on the latest update (not that it was much good anyway) and calls bounce straight back to the phone. Strangely, my works BlackBerry and an antique Nokia hasn't been affected. Anyway, It'll get fixed, chill

I've heard my dealer explaining to prospectivecustomershow basic the cee'd BT implementation is compared to other models in the range, and that was before they broke it

·
Registered
437 Posts
Try updating the phones firmware also, plus there is a possibility the install of the stereo firmware went wrong, get them to re install it, I know of no problems after doing the updates

·
Registered
37 Posts
Just taken delivery of a leased kia ceed 3 and I have the same issue as most whereas I can only dial the last number from the steering wheel.
When I try to dial anumber from the phone it doesnt connect to bluetooth, what a shocking system

·
Registered
10 Posts
Do you mean you have to go through the pairing process each time you stop and start the car ?

should not have to pair each time.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts