Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, wonder if anyone can help with this one.
I have an 08 Ceed SW and am very pleased with it. On the whole its a quiet car but, for the past 6 months or so, it's developed and annoying noise from the passenger side rear wheel. The tone of the noise (a scrape/wobble?) increases as the car is driven faster and decreases when it goes slower - so must be something to do with the rotation of the wheel. It's most noticeable around 43mph on a smooth road.
Kia garage has checked it but apparently cannot find anything wrong.
Any ideas gratefully received..

·
Registered
14 Posts
The only thing I can think of would be a Wheel Bearing! But if its been checked properly then this should be ruled out!

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Wheel balance?
I've just had an mot and told my rear inners were worn (feathering) creating a road noise that would have you replacing bearings !!! Very weird, I can't see or feel anything wrong with them but I'm assured it's a tyre problem.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Look at the wear pattern on the tyre. If its uneven itcould havebeen caused by wheel balancing but even when the wheel has been re-balanced the noise will still be there. To cure it you will have to get the tyre shaved (very few places do it, can only think of 4) or replace it.

Paul

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Shaving!!!!!!
That would cure my problem prior to having to buy new tyres - shall look in to that
Thanks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts