Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just taken delivery of a Ceed SW 1.6 Diesel LS. I have not had it long enough tomake any comments, however I feel I must warn potential buyers to check out the specification in minute detail with the salesman. Having examined the specification and brochure and viewed the identical model in the showroom I was happy that the model I chose would have reversing sensors. Wrong! my car did not have reversing sensors and I was told that Kia had removed them, with no reduction in price. So in effect I had paid for something I did not receive.
Kia have refused point blank to help in any way other than to say I could have them fitted for £300 plus VAT. Not a good start and my advice to any potential buyers would be to get a written confirmation from a senior manager that the car they have ordered will match the available specification.

Little Plum

·
Registered
111 Posts
How did you arrive at the specification, did you see a catalogue or brochure showing the reversing sensors as standard fit.
If so speak with the dealer principle, you need to do this because if the car is sdvertised with them fitted you should demand your cash back.
If they refuse write to Kia
I paid £250.00 for genuine Kia ones fitted. to my ProCeed Sport, but I knew they were not fitted as standard
This should act as a lesson to us all as you have already stated (no disrespect intended) but if you place an order for a new car you should get a quotation document stating just what you will get for your money

·
Registered
111 Posts
After I posted a reply, I looked at the Kia website, it does state that the sensors are an option, I do not know the full cicumstances of you problem, but if you were misled (HAVE A GO AT "EM")

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I won!

I advised Kia that I would have the sensors fitted and sue them in the small claims court for the costs involved, plus court costs.

Pleased to say that after considerable hassle through the small claims court, up to the point of fixing a date for a hearing, kia, without admitting liability, agreed to pay my claim in full which included my court costs.

The small guy won!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Great result. I'm glad you stuck with it and got the right and proper result.
I hope you are otherwise very pleased with your SW, And that this hasn't spoilt your enjoyment too much.

atb. jamie.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Good for you Little Plum, (now BIGsmall guy)and happy reversing!!. By the way doesyour SW have a "Tilt and Telescopic" steering wheel as specified under "Comfort" in their brochure??? I have one "T" but not the other. Where is it Kia????

·
Registered
887 Posts
The first batch of SW had cruise and sensors factory fitted, this was a cock up by a bod who ticks the boxes for ordering.. hence first few hundred SW came with factory sensors, my dad's got one.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've just bought a 2008 plate, used Ceed hatchback from a Kia dealer and he only charged £150 to fit Kia parking sensors with a digital countdown display. May be that the SW is more complicated to fit, but I wouldn't have thought that it should cost £300+VAT.

·
Registered
887 Posts
monkeyandweasel said:
I've just bought a 2008 plate, used Ceed hatchback from a Kia dealer and he only charged £150 to fit Kia parking sensors with a digital countdown display. May be that the SW is more complicated to fit, but I wouldn't have thought that it should cost £300+VAT.
The kit you describe isn't genuine kia, same kits are on ebay for £20, they do the job however.
But won't be covered under the kia warranty.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Be careful with aftermarket sensors kits. They may invalidate your KIA warranty, if you have a wiring/electrical problem in the future.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ed Jay said:
Good for you Little Plum, (now BIGsmall guy)and happy reversing!!. By the way doesyour SW have a "Tilt and Telescopic" steering wheel as specified under "Comfort" in their brochure??? I have one "T" but not the other. Where is it Kia????
My SW Sport has the T&T wheel.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Thks Scotland. I took my machine back to the dealer. They had it for about an hour in the w/shop, and its now ok. They said it was a slight adjustment they had to make. I left bemused, as to what adjustment they had to make for the "rake"??!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts