Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can the boot floor in the 12-18 SW be lowered by removing the underfloor trays? Same as it can in my Venga?! Need a car with plenty of room for camping, and if that space is usable it will be, if not it probably isn't (guessing that space is included in the word boot sizes). Couldn't see how you might on the one I just looked at in the dealer, but didn't want to pull at it too much! The under floor trays are subdivided in a way that makes them of very limited use.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Our 2010 CW but a totally useless, space wasting tray in the boot under the floor. But by removing the tray you would not have been able to lower the supplied floor. However, remove tray, remove floor and make a new floor to suit from some ply or similar and cover with carpet and you could fit it wherever you want.

Simples.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers - not a bad idea. But will check other cars first. Would rather not but a car knowing I'm going to be doing a DIY bodge on it! The tray itself is odd - divided up like a booming pen tray so each section is too small for anything!

·
Registered
18 Posts
I'm pretty sure the boot volume figures stated in car reviews do not include the under trays.
You could make your own boot floor after removing the under tray but then the floor won't be flat when you fold the rear seats down.
I find the under tray in my Cee'd GT very useful. In fact, only yesterday the big right hand pocket came in very handy as a classic Mini head fitted in it so it didn't slide around the boot!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The kids won't fit in great with a flat rear loading space though. It seems a shame they've given away 50+ litres of boot space rather than using the same multi height floor the Venga uses to allow me to use that space for something bigger than a king-size Snickers

1 - 5 of 5 Posts