Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
just got a new Cee'd sw, nice car but I have a bluetooth problem, I can pair any phone and have tried a few, callers cannot hear me, this happens on incoming and outgoing calls.

Has anyone got any ideas or do I need to go back to the dealers.

thanks in advance

paul

·
Registered
12 Posts
I would have said your mic's not working, don't think thats something you are going to fix yourself.
I've also had a problem (now fixed) and have messed extensively with the BT settings.
I can't see anything other than faulty equipment that would cause what you describe to happen.
Trip to dealer me thinks.

Chris

·
Registered
26 Posts
This may sound like a silly question, but I just took delivery of my brand new Ceed SW 3 at the weekend. Must you always manually sync the Bluetooth when you start the car?? The headset in my old car automatically synced to my handset when we started the car/radio.
Cheers zoobs

·
Registered
12 Posts
It should stay paired.
If you swap between hand sets you have to manually pair each time because the BT doesn't know which handset to pair with.
Mine pairs up automatically each time I switch on.
It will de-pair and re-pair when you start the engine which is a bit of a pain if someone calls you whilst key is in ACC position they you start up. It soon comes back tho.
Hope this helps.
Enjoy the SW3...Mines mint!

Edited by: chris_ie

·
Registered
26 Posts

Thanks for the quick reply Chris. Perhaps my issue is with my phone, it's an LG
KC 550. When I start the car then put on
the radio a message appears on the phone screen asking if I wish to pair with
KIA Bluetooth, if I ignore the message the phone will eventually close the
screen and no pairing takes place. I've
checked the phone settings to see if it can be set to automatically pair but
there does not appear to be one? I've
noticed a few people on the forum with automatically pairing problems.

Cheers Zoobs

·
Registered
14 Posts
I was also having the same pairing issues with my phone and Cee'd SW 3. What I noticed was you need to set your Blue tooth settings on your phone to visible. I always had to manually pair my phone each time I started the engine which was a pain in the butt! Then I figured out that the phone was in invisible mode. Once I switched this to visible then the pairing worksautomaticallyproviding the Bluetooth isactivatedon my phone handset! It has made life so much more easy now and I am in no fear of breaking the law!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts