Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I brought a Kia ceed from the Lincoln Kia dealer. <B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal">BIG Mistake and even BIGGER DISASTER. NEVER NEVER BUY A KIA AGAIN[/B], and would advise anyone to not buy a Kia.<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><O:p></O:p>
With two weeks of owning the car I found a serious steering defect. The car keeps trying to veer off the road into the ditch and if you held the steering wheel straight the car would veer into oncoming traffic. Took the car back and the dealer who was totally unhelpful telling me this was a Kia design feature so that if I feel asleep at the wheel the car would veer off the road safely and then said OK so the steering is'ntcorect, The car was returned to the dealer nine time in as many months with not only this defect which they have never fixed although they are quite happy to admitt the sterring is faulty, the trip computer started to read 99.9 mpg on it's average reading for no apparent reason, again the garage said oh thats strand but this was not a problem, the engine constantly hiccupped and again I was told there was no fault, the cruise control only worked intermittently and there was a burning smell intermittently coming from the dash board again the dealer said there was no fault with the car. I then contacted KIA direct and they contacted the dealer. The response they received from the dealer was.<O:p></O:p>
<I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal">I have confirmed that Mr***** and a Technician at the dealership have investigated the steering concern on the vehicle and that a resolve has been found for this issue by fitting a new steering rack.Mr***** has also confirmed that the dealership has arranged to fit a new trip computer to alleviate the fault on the fuel consumption read out and that this will be completed in the near future. The dealership has also advised that the mis-fire on the vehicle was being caused by a programming issue on the Engine Control Unit (ECU) and that this has been rectified by the dealership today. There remain two issues from your e-mail that are outstanding and will require further investigation. Both the fault on the cruise control and the smell of burning are intermittent faults and the dealership will need to replicate these faults to progress the investigation forward
So after nine months of telling me there was no fault and/or the faultswere not a problem they even admitted the vehicle was ddefective to Kia.<O:p></O:p>
[/I]

In the meantime whiles the dealer was maintain the car on it's first service they put over 50% more oil in the engine than stated by the Kia service directive and in the Kia manual. This caused the car to smoke like a pig and lose power. The dealer is now saying that over filling the engine will oil would not cause any problems with the engine.(I called 5 other dealers who stated this would cause a problem)Despite the owners hand book stating in larger bold letters DO NOT OVER FILL the engine oil. After the dealer had the car for two weeks they called me and said the car was ready for collection. When I went to collect the car the work report stated the only work the dealer had done was to replace the faulty trip computer. When I asked about the remaining faults which have been outstanding for nine months I was told they had no knowledge of these faults and had never communicated with Kia about these faults. <B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal">So WHO was lying to me KIA or the dealer?
[/B]KIA MotorsUKhas now become very obstructive and refuse to answer my letters requsting them to confirm that they will honour the warantee now there dealer as failed to service the vehicle in acordance with there reomendations,and relating to the defects on this car and has failed to provide acceptable customer support. The dealer although admitting the vehicle as defects refused to replace the car and refused to refund my money so now I am now taking legal action against the dealer. The dealer admitted to Kia the car had defects yet the dearer failed to correct the defects even after nine visits. In the past year the cars has spent as much time off the road as it as spent on the road.

If any one else as receved this crap service of prolems with Stoneacre lincoln please let me know.<O:p></O:p>

Please, Please save your self this agrovation buy your self anythink other than a Kia.

Edited by: andy

·
Registered
111 Posts
Andy,
I can really understand you are unhappy, but I need to make a couple of points here.
(1)This Dealership sound a complete waste of time, so why persist with them ?
(2) Faced with any issues as bad as this I would have taken the car in asked for a loan vehicle and hung on to it after making your complaint in writing.

Faced with your position & problems, I would have spoken to Kia direct and then trading standards.
Was the car brand new ? , if so you should have rejected it.
Apply the same rule even if the car was a used one, bear in mind you have a 7 year warranty.
This car was not fit for purpose by the sound of it, a steering issue the way you describe it should have had the dealer taking it off the road immediatly.
How long was it before these issues raised their heads.
Idon't want to drone on, but some one needs to give you some help here.
In my experience, this is not just a KIA problem, I have seen issues like this across a wide spectrum of vehicle types
I would like an update.
The very least I would except is a 100% refund, finance, road tax the whole lot,and possibly damages if you have to go to the limit.
I feel ashamed to be a member of the motortrade when I hear and see the public being treated in this manner.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your reply. <?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />
Because the vehicle was new I had no choice other than to keep returning it to the same dealer, so that they could not say ""some one else caused the faults""� Because the car was under and HP agreement with the dealers HP companies the fixing of the car was the responsibility of that dealer.
The fault started less than 2 weeks after buying the car, nine months on the car still had the defects. And the dealer was happy to admit this but not happy to fix them or not competent to fix them.
I have written to the directors of Stoneacre and Kia customer service and the HP company and asked them to justify this unacceptable situation and confirm that because they have not followed the KIA service directive, and over filled the engine with oil, the terms and conditions of the 7 year warrantee have been void so will the warrantee and any other damage they have cause to the car be covered.
The dealer has never responded to this communication but then they have never responded to any of my communication unless I go into the dealership personally and demand to know what is going on.
All that Kia will say is that they will horner the warrantee in line with the terms and conditions of the warrantee. Unfortunately there dealer has broken the terms of the warrantee so guess what no warrantee by the looks of things.
I requested a replacement car and the dealer refused.
I requested my money back and the dealer refused.
Yet the dealer could supply any justification for refusing these requests all he keeps saying is NO, we will fix it. even when Kia and the HP Company contacted them with these requests they still said no we will fix the faults. Nine moths later the car was still defective.
Kia customer service was happy to admit to me what the dearer had said but will not put this in writing after I informed them I was issuing court action. But before they were happy to put the dealer's comments in writing. I guess the dealer and Kia are now in the same boat if they just refuse to answer my letter they think the problem will go away and no one will get the blame.
NOT SO. I am now issuing court proceedings against the dealer and the HP Company.
At least I was smart enough to keep all of the paperwork and emails from when the Dealer admitted the car was faulty I also took lots of photos and videos of the faults on the vehicle.

In the old days of owning a Kia, Kia would have insisted the dealer sort this mess out but now Kia is just as bad as the dealer in my opinion, After all Kia did build the car in the first place.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Because the vehicle was new I had no choice other than to keep returning it to the same dealer, so that they could not say ""some one else caused the faults""� Because the car was under and HP agreement with the dealers HP companies the fixing of the car was the responsibility of that dealer

I agree the dealer is the main problem but Kia built the car so they have a responcability as well to demand that the dealer replaces the car.

Kia have just washed there hand of this and will not responed to my letters.

In the old days of owning a Kia, Kia would have insisted the dealer sort this mess out but now Kia is just as bad as the dealer in my opinion, After all Kia did build the car in the first place.

I should have brought a Ford.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Andy
First of all, you do NOT have to go back to the same Dealer.
It does not matter a fig , the vehicle is still under warranty at any KIA dealer in any town.
Any way, you are not making any progress by going round in circles.
Write to KIA Mr Paul Phillpot CEO, The Managing Director of the Dealership list your issues, tell them you are rejecting the vehicle. State you will give them 14 days to remedy the problem, inform them you will take the issue to court
Go to the trading standards before you send the letters and with their help you will go to court.
Once this case goes to court you should enter a claim for:
(1) The Car
(2) Any cost involved in buying it,go for a full refund of any cash you have spent, Deposit,Road Tax.etc etc
(3) Claim for damages, loss of use, inconvenience
This advice will be given to you by trading standards.
(4)Maintain your payments for the car but notify them of your intended action.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Yesitmeagain.
<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><O:p></O:p>
LET'S NOT LOSE SIGHT OF THE FACT KIA BUILT THIS DEFECTIVE CAR IN THE FIRST PLACE.

Taking the car else ware was never pointed out to me by the dealer, But because they created additional faults on the car due to there carp service no other dealer would probably want to take this mess on now and im convinced that Stoneacre would blain some one else for there screw up given half a chance.<O:p></O:p>

The Kia warrantee states the warrantee is void if the vehicle is not maintained in accordance with the user manual. The user manual clearly stated DO NOT OVER FILL THE OIL. Yet the dealer put50%more oil in the engine than should have been causing the car to smoke and lose power. According to legal advice I have received the warrantee has now been void. We have written to Kia who will not answer the question. ""will they now horner the warrantee regardless and correct any defects which could be attributed to the incorrect service cause by one of there dealers""� for the life of the vehicle. We have also asked Kia to confirm if over filling the engine oil against there owns documentation would or would notcause any problems to the engine. Kia has not responded to this letter. All I got was a phone call saying the warrantee is coved has stated in the terms and conditions of the warrantee. In short I take this as no your warrantee no longer stands because the terms and conditions have been breached. Kia would not provide a straight answer to this question they just kept avoiding the question.<O:p></O:p>
LET'S NOT LOSE SIGHT OF THE FACT KIA BUILT THIS DEFECTIVE CAR IN THE FIRST PLACE. So they have some responsibility.<O:p></O:p>
I have written to the owners and directors of Stoneacre copieing them in all of the correspondence, even thereown admistionsthat the car had defects yet they did not correct them. The directors and owners of Stoneacre have not answer my letters or even call me to talk about this situation. Both Stoneacre and the HP have received my written notification that I reject this vehicle and what my money back. Stoneacre were given a 9 month time scaleby which time they should havefix the carbut they failed to do so, but at the same time they caused even more problems with the car by incorrectly servicing the car.<O:p></O:p>
I requested the car be replaced and they refused.<O:p></O:p>
I requested my money back and again they refused.<O:p></O:p>
The car is still with then, in fact the car as been there so long this time around the cat tax as expired on it.<O:p></O:p>
If anyone out there can provide evidence that over filling a car engine with oil against the manufactures own handbook, could not or would not cause damage to the engine I would love to see it. Because every garage I have called even Kia garages state this will damage your engine and the catalytic converter. ECT<O:p></O:p>
Because I have got no where with the dealer or Kia I have now had a local printer run me off 50 copies of all of the photos and correspondence and I am now sending these out to <O:p></O:p>
To the press and TV along with every motoring magazine and publication I can find. I will also be up loading these to has many web sites that I can find as well.
I did send Kia a letter apologizing if this has a detrimental effect on there car sales noting that car sale are not good in the <?: prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><ST1:COUNTRY-REGIon w:st="on"><ST1:pLACE w:st="on">UK</ST1:pLACE></ST1:COUNTRY-REGIon> at the moment anyway but frankly if they can not look after there customers then they don't deserve to have customers.
LET'S NOT LOSE SIGHT OF THE FACT KIA BUILT THIS DEFECTIVE CAR IN THE FIRST PLACE. <O:p></O:p>
<O:p></O:p>
My only regret is that the bad press caused by this situation will cause will affect those honest CAR dealers out there which are few and far between these days sadly.<O:p></O:p>
But I would advise any one to avoid Kia cars at all costs. IT'S NOT WORTH THE AGGRAVATION. AND YOU WILL NOT GET ANY SERVICE OR HELP FROM KIA. ONCE THEY HAVE GOT YOUR MONEY THEY DAN'T GIVE A DAM.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Andy,
Please, go to trading standards without delay.
BEAR IN MIND
(1)Your Warranty is still good don't worry about that.
The dealer is an agent for Kia and as such he will have to report back to them so every thing will be on file, if he he is doing what he should under the terms of his dealership.
The car as been serviced / repaired by a Kia Dealer, if he has made mistakes you will get all issues resolved if you follow the advice.
(2) If the issues render the vehicle undrivable then following the advice will through the courts, if it gets that far will be resolved as well.
Keep copies of all your correspondance, send letters recorded delivery.
You are putting yourself under pressure, keep calm and follow it through, just keep your cool.

You will find KIA will not allow this sad mess to continue, especially if it reaches the law courts, that would not be helping them at all.
You have all the ammunition you need by the sound of it.
Just follow it through.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks, <?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />
If you have the address of Mr. Paul Phillpot CEO this would be of grate help because I can then send him an invite to the court case. KIA will not confirm in writing the warrantee still stands all they will say is refer to the Terms and conditions of the warrantee. And then tell me to go back to the dealer. Kia customer services will not even confirm if the warrantee has been void or not and if the crap service could have or would have damaged the engine. As far as I can see Kia just don't want to be helpful. They Did build the defective car so I would have assumed they would be more helpful in replacing the car or telling there dealer to give me my money back so I could go else ware. BUT HO NO.
I believe they just don't want the responsibility of the defective car; quite understandable considering the steering fault alone could have resulted in a fatal accident if a less competent driver had driven the car. The matter is now being handed over to the courts to deal with and I'm sure the press is going to have a field day with this considering the current state of the car industry and health and safety these days.
WE will wait and see what the outcome is.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I have made a few telephone calls today, I need input from your goodself.
(1) Have you put this matter to Trading Standards ?
(2) If the answer to this question is no, give me the current state of play
(3) What is the nearest Kia Dealership to you that is not connected to your problem dealer
(4) Have you been to another dealer ?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
a. I have talked to Trading standards(consumer direct)about this and I am currently compiling all of the communications and letters to send to them so that theymay investigate this matter. I should have this completed by Friday of this week, I have raisedmy issueswith consumers direct who have been very helpfull.<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><O:p></O:p>
b. Regarding the current status of play. I was contacted by Stoneacre customer manager Tony Choppin on the 14<SUP>th</SUP> of April after I sent letters to all of the share holders of Stoneacre and the Decidebloom Ltd the company who own Stoneacre, incorporating all of the correspondence I had and informing them that I have rejected the car and I want my money back. He said he knew very little about my complaint despite being based at the same address has the MD and directors of Stoneacre who I sent the documents and evidence to,<O:p></O:p>
To be fair to him and to give him a chance to review my complaint and do the right think and accept my demand for my money back after his dealership refused to replace the defective vehicle. I sent him a copies of all of the documents and correspondence including the photos I had took and copies of the Kia correspondence which clearly stated there dealership had admitted the car had defects and the evidence that showed they had not fixed them along with the evidence that they had screwed up the service.. <B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal">He never responded to my letter.[/B] When I called him last week he said he was not dealing with this he had past it onto someone else. <B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal">But Stoneacre have never called back even after this phone call.[/B] The dealer involved has never called me since February which is when the car was taken into them again (this is ware it as been ever since). The HP company have told me that they will have an independent inspection carried out on the car but has I pointed out to them this is of no reassurance or interest to me because I have rejected the car as a result of the constant defects and the fact that I have no faith in the car. My Job relies on me have a reliable car, No car No Job, and because the dealer refused to replace the car or give me my money back I had no option other than to go out and purchase a reliable second hand car so that I could carry out my contracted employment. (money I could have well done without spending)<O:p></O:p>
Both Stoneacre and the HP Company are full aware of this and that I total reject the vehicle. I would not accept this vehicle back under any circumstances even if they told me the car was fixing now after 10 months of constant defects. <B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal">I value the life of my young family a lot more than I value the word of a disgraceful dealership and motor company who supplied a defective car and then failed to fix it.[/B] <O:p></O:p>
c. The nearest dealer is Victor woods of Grantham (Please note these have been very helpful in the past and did service and look after my previous Kia. Although they are not my closes dealer they are independent of Stoneacre and there quality in the past has been of the highest standards)<O:p></O:p>
d. I have contacted five other dealers form the Kia web site, from <?: prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><ST1:CITY w:st="on">Cornwall</ST1:CITY> to <ST1:COUNTRY-REGIon w:st="on"><ST1:pLACE w:st="on">Scotland</ST1:pLACE></ST1:COUNTRY-REGIon> and every one of them I should point out was more than helpful in fact every one of them stated that over filling the engine oil would damage the engine. I should also state that every one of them could not understand or accept the poor service I had been receiving.<O:p></O:p>
<B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal">But all said and done at the end of the Day the car I purchased was built by Kia and some of these faults have been well documented buy others, I would have expected Kia to address my complaint But Ho No. So I hold Kia in the same contempt has Stoneacre. KIA NEEDS TO UNDERSTAND THAT THIS ISSUE IS NOT JUST GOING TO GO AWAY BY IGNORING ME. Poor customer service leads to lack of customers. <O:p></O:p>[/B]
<B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal"><O:p></O:p>[/B]
It sound to me like you know Kia or deal with them, may be you will have more success than me when talking to them, If this is the case please accept my apologize if the action I am taking affects your business, (that is unless you work for Stoneacre)<O:p></O:p>Edited by: andy

·
Registered
111 Posts
Andy,
(1)OK if you have contacted Trading Standards let that run it's course.
(2)If you havn't, contact:
Kia Customer Services
P.O.
Stockport
SK3 OWU
0845 601 7521
I WOULD MAKE THIS REQUEST
Because you have lost faith in your Dealership, ask that the vehicle be taken to Victor Woods for an independant inspection and report.
To start this proceedure, request that Mr Daniel Kirkham Area Manager Kia ring you to discuss the issues you have.
Do yourself a favour and keep the conversation cool, calm, and collected.
Bear in mind the other points I have made to you.
I do not work for KIA
I DO NOT WORK FOR Stoneacre either.

Andy I wish you all the best, you will get a good responce if you approach the problem correctly.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Andy,
I would just like to make a final point, I have spent all my working life in the motor trade.
I can tell you the problems you have, affect not just Kia, but problems arise across the board.
Bear this in mind, I am seeing issues on all types of vehicles.
I think you have been very unlucky with this particular motor vehicle.
You have a problem in Lincoln, just move on.
Cheers All the Best
Keep us all informed.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for the comments I will keep this updated. <?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />
But for now if any one is thinking of buying a KIA PLEASE PLEASE THINK TWICE. And save your self the aggravation.
IT WAS KIA WHO BUILT THIS DEFECTIVE VEHICLE IN THE FIRST PLACE AND NOW THEY DON'T WANT ANY THING TO DO WITH THE PROBLEMS.
SO LETS NOT TOTALLY BLAME THE DEALER ALTHOUGH THE DEALER IS ALSO TO BLAME FOR MESSING UP THE CAR WHEN SERVICEING IT AND NOT FIXING THE FAULTS. THE DEALER WORKS UNDER THE INSTUCTIONS OF KIA.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Believe me it's the dealers fault....
KIA CS can only act on what the dealers telling them..
You complain to kia, kia go to dealer to find out whats happening..
CHANGE YOUR DEALER.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Murphwiz.<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />
The car was built by Kia there for they have a responsibility to instruct there dealers on how to fix or deal with issue relating to there vehicles, to a degree yes the dealer is at fault as well for not fixing the car and for messing up the service which void the warrantee on the car. I do not nor will I take the car to a different dealer because the car has been rejected by me and the car is still with Stoneacre Lincoln. The car has been in the dealers for so long now the Tax as expiredon the vehicle so the car has been declared SORN. It now a case of wait and see what the courts have to say.
In the mean time I have started collating data from other people who have suffered from the disgraceful conduct of KIA and or Stoneacre. If any body would like to constitute please send your comments and stories to.
[email protected]

I will be compiling a website dedicated to highlighting these issues (any one supplying information will remainnameless for the obvious reasons) to try and insure that no one ever receives this disgraceful service again and if these means instead of buying a Kia they buy a ford or something else then so be it.
<B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal">Good service dose not cost anything but bad services costs a lot.[/B]

I would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone who has commented and assisted in respect of this matter. It is very much appreciated

·
Registered
111 Posts
Andy,
I have it on very good authority, the dealership in question are very,very poor regarding customer care.
I have put the answer to this digusting issue on the table.
Regarding the car I could provide enough information to print a book about so called rogue cars from every marque you care to mention, as I have already told you Andy, yes I agree you have what appears to be what we used to call a Friday afternoon car.
Please give Kia a chance to to get the full story, I know they will react in a positive manner, they subscribe to and are bound by the SMMT code of practice.
They also work to the OFT (Office of Fair Trading Policy)you are duty bound to follow procedure for your part.
And my last word on this subject has to be,IF and I say IF all that fails you have Trading Standards to fight your corner.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Having read the above I can understand why Andy is upset over his car, however there are many very happy Kia owners including myself who would recommend the mark. Infact I am so delighted with it my wife has just ordered a Ceed SW LS as well.

I do think thats saying "Don't buy a Kia" just because the original poster has problems is going a bit too far. As has been suggested the car faults should first be referred back to the dealer to rectify the faults. Should the dealer be given a fair chance to carry out the work and fails then there is absolutely no point in persueing that line and should go straight to a solicitor to take up his case after informing the garage that is his intention.

It is suprising how quickly problems can be sorted if a solicitor is involved as the garage would know the extra cost it would be to them.

Realspeed

·
Registered
111 Posts
Realspeed,
I hope you read all the postings on this sad affair, I tried to point Andy in the right direction but it turned out to be hard work.
Kia should by now have taken over the issues and problems if they were approached in the correct manner,and sorted a poor main dealer and got the show back on the road.
I would like to know the outcome but when things get sorted, we in 90% of the cases never here the good news or get a conclusion report.
I bet Kia moved in PDQ to sort it

Speak to you soon

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
<a href="file:///C:%5CUsers%5CAndrew%5CAppData%5CLocal%5CTemp%5Cmsohtmlclip1%5C01%5Cclip_colorschememapping.xml" target="_blank">
<!--if gte mso 10>
<>
/* Style Definitions */
table.MsoNormalTable
{mso-style-name:"Table Normal";
mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0;
mso-tstyle-colband-size:0;
mso-style-noshow:yes;
mso-style-priority:99;
mso-style-qformat:yes;
mso-style-parent:"";
mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt;
mso-para-margin-top:0cm;
mso-para-margin-right:0cm;
mso-para-margin-bottom:10.0pt;
mso-para-margin-left:0cm;
line-height:115%;
mso-pagination:widow-orphan;
font-size:11.0pt;
font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";
mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri;
mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin;
mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";
mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast;
mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri;
mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;}

<!-->

</a>

<a href="file:///C:%5CUsers%5CAndrew%5CAppData%5CLocal%5CTemp%5Cmsohtmlclip1%5C01%5Cclip_colorschememapping.xml" target="_blank">Time for an update on this situation.

Well Kia no uses what so ever. I wrote to the Mr Paul Phillpot CEO and the customer services manager at KIA, neither of
them contacted me. I did how ever get a call from a nice person in Kia customer
services to let me know that Stoneacre would contactand a follow up
letter was received from Kia with the usual fob off stating my complaint was noted butthis
is a dealer issue and I need to deal with the dealer on this. What was the
point the dealer was the problem. Shortly
after notifying KIA and stoneacre that I was issuing court proceeding,
Stoneacre contacted me to only to stay there was no problems with the original
KIA Ceed. Once I pointed out that I had
documentation from the own service department via Kia that proved otherwise,
Stoneacre agreed to replace the faulty Ceed and provide 3 years free servicing has
a settlement good will gesture.</a>

<a href="file:///C:%5CUsers%5CAndrew%5CAppData%5CLocal%5CTemp%5Cmsohtmlclip1%5C01%5Cclip_colorschememapping.xml" target="_blank">I was told the replacement car would take 5 weeks to obtain
from KIA. I final got a call 5 weeks later to tell me the replacement car was
now available. When I inspected the car there was a number of defects with the
paint work some down to the meat work. Stoneacre
stated they would send the car to the body shop to have these fixed. Strange
considering this car was supposed to have been inspected by KIA prior to
delivery. It is also worth pointing out
that the Stoneacre £0 balance invoice transferring from my old car to the replacement
car stated car ""replaced due to faults on the vehicle""�.</a>

file:///C:%5CUsers%5CAndrew%5CAppData%5CLocal%5CTemp%5Cmsohtmlclip1%5C01%5Cclip_colorschememapping.xml<a href="file:///C:%5CUsers%5CAndrew%5CAppData%5CLocal%5CTemp%5Cmsohtmlclip1%5C01%5Cclip_colorschememapping.xml" target="_blank">It took another week
for stoneacre to get the paintwork, but finally it was corrected and the car
was presented in a good and acceptable condition. I collected the replacement car some 12 months
after first reporting the defects on the original KIA Ceed. The Stoneacre sales man who was given the job
of sorting the replacement car for me, stated KIA had told him not to replace
the defective car. DOSE this sound like KIA supporting their customer. This in
some way reflects the lack of communication I got from Kia and the lack of response
to any of my letters.</a>

<a href="file:///C:%5CUsers%5CAndrew%5CAppData%5CLocal%5CTemp%5Cmsohtmlclip1%5C01%5Cclip_colorschememapping.xml" target="_blank">I should point out that I have now owned the replacement car
for four weeks now and replacement Ceed appears to be OK except none of the AUX
12volt sockets work and when I checked the fuse box I found 3 blown fuses, I
replaced them but still no 12volt aux power. I have now. Arranged for the ceed
to go to an alternative KIA garage to inspect this fault.

Regarding the 3 years free servicing which was offered by Stoneacre has a good
will gesture to compensate me for the trouble I had to deal with. When I collected the car I was told that the
after sales director was on holiday so Stoneacre could not provide me with
written confirmation of this, but this letter would be sent to me. Two weeks later no letter so I contacted
stoneacre to be told that a service
plane was being set up and they would forward the package shortly. Another week
on and guess what YES NO Letter.

Looks like the KIA dealer has yet again gone back on their word. This is now in
the hands of my solicitors because I cannot be bothered to keep chasing the appalling customer service.</a>

Regarding th<a href="file:///C:%5CUsers%5CAndrew%5CAppData%5CLocal%5CTemp%5Cmsohtmlclip1%5C01%5Cclip_colorschememapping.xml" target="_blank">e comments from the happy Ceed owner ""GOOD LUCK""�
my friend. There are some good Kia dealers out there and I hope you have found
one of these, I have owned Kia cars for a number of years and been very happy
to do so, A key fact which is why I brought a new Ceed, unfortunately I have
had nothing but poor unacceptable service from the dealer, lack of any
commitment from Kia to assist with resolving this matter and total contradiction
between Stoneacre and KIA every time I contacted them.</a>

<a href="file:///C:%5CUsers%5CAndrew%5CAppData%5CLocal%5CTemp%5Cmsohtmlclip1%5C01%5Cclip_colorschememapping.xml" target="_blank">I there for stand by my comments ""avoid at all costs just
drive by and buy a ford at the next garage""�I have received more help from
yesitmeagain than I did from over 8 months of chasing KIA and Stoneacre.</a>

file:///C:%5CUsers%5CAndrew%5CAppData%5CLocal%5CTemp%5Cmsohtmlclip1%5C01%5Cclip_colorschememapping.xml

More to follow im sure.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts