Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ive managed to replicate this now, the car is a 19 plate, had it about 4 weeks. The sound is vibration when i dip the clutch to change from 1st to 2nd, that's what I thought. It sounded like something loose and vibrating. Anyway, ive managed to replicate it now.
Car stationary, in neutral, dip clutch, rev to about 4k, horrible vibrating sound, like somethings coming off a bearing.
Any ideas?
I emailed my local dealer within a week of picking the car up (it has since closed due to Covid) and they suggested contacting Kia direct if it's not driveable, useful. At least i made the problem known to them in good time.
I uploaded a yuotube video of it link below;
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
It also does it whilst disengaging and re-engaging clutch when 1st to 2nd and second to third, just about the biting points, when you are riding the clutch basically.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok so the car spent the day at Kia Stourbridge today. It is now booked in to have the clutch dismantled and replaced if required. There's definitely something causing a noise. Under warranty, just waiting for KIA to get their parts service back up and running.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just got the car back. Kia have had it for 3 days, replaced the clutch and the noise is still there. They were able to replicate the noise on another car at standstill, but not during driving, obviously with covid they cant do an accompanied test drive, so the techy probably just missed it. Anyway at their request i was able to film a bit on my dash on the way home form the garage today, its a bit hard to hear, but you can definitely hear a similar sound./resonance, it's weird, i'm stumped, could even be something exhaust side, it doesn't sound too much dissimilar to heat shield vibration, but why it should come and go depending on clutch engaged or disengaged is beyond me. Here the video
More pronounced between 1st and second...
They are going to have a listen at the garage and decide next steps, i'd be really curious if other 1.4t equipped vehicles have the same issue.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi, I have a 2019 1.4 turbo SW , I've tried mine standiing still on the driveway and it doesn't do what you're experiencing, I did exactly what you did in your first video and there wasn't any difference at all, there is a slight vibration through the car that can be felt at around 2000rpm but that's nothing more than a vibration from the engine. I've not noticed any noise like you have when driving although I don't use it that often and due to this lockdown it's not moved in weeks, I've had to invest in a battery charger. Hope that this is some help to you, I'll try and take the car out sometime next week and listen out for anything when it's out on the road.

One problem I do have is noisy brakes, it's not a build up of rust it's really noisy grinding coming from the brakes, the car has only done 5000 miles and had it's first service in January which reported the brakes to be healthy but they sound dreadful, more so going in reverse. It does kind of spoil the car somewhat, and the gearbox isn't the best, we also have a 2017 Ceed which is actually in my opinion a better car to drive, I did though get a good deal on my 1.4 SW, too good to walk away from.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts